Giant house spider breeding

spiritwolf525

Arachnopeon
Hi so i just bred my GHS after finding 2 perfect fits from my vivariums, and it was successful as far as breeding.. and now im wondering.. do ghs mothers stay with their babies as they r raised or do they leave the nests and let the babies grow on their own? i lv my spiders despite being an arachnophobe, however after owning some ive kinda learnt they arent all that bad.. and now ive been wanting to learn more bout their breeding habits and nesting.. id lv to hear more bout how the mother will be with the nests so i can know which setup imma go for when she starts producing nests!

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Eratigena atrica (Tegenaria gigantea) the GHS is a very fast, brownish colored, reaching legspan of 3 or 4 inches or 7.5 to 10 cm
Males will stay with Females mating several times before being eaten by the Female.
Females may live for several years.

Last edited:

spiritwolf525

Arachnopeon
Eratigena atrica (Tegenaria gigantea) the GHS is a very fast, brownish colored, reaching legspan of 3 or 4 inches or 7.5 to 10 cm
yes but do u know if they stay with their babies when they hatch?

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Males will stay with Females mating several times before being eaten by the Female.
Holy cow those are huge !!!?🤯