Giant flat backed millipede?

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
So I was looking at some pictures of millipedes and happen to come across a picture of a "flat backed millipede" and I was just curious to see if anyone knew or seen any of these in the pet trade or even know anything about them? Very cool looking.

Attachments

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Is it what is referred to as a Feather Leg?

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Very cool looking I two am curious wether they are currently available or not

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think I've seen similar species pop up on European lists a couple times, but never in the US.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
I found a US website that has a listing for a black and gold flat back ( as well as a feather millipede) but there sold out might be worth keeping an eye on in the warmer months ( capecodroaches.com if y'all were curious)

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I found a US website that has a listing for a black and gold flat back ( as well as a feather millipede) but there sold out might be worth keeping an eye on in the warmer months ( capecodroaches.com if y'all were curious)
That's actually a native species, but definitely one to keep an eye out for! I believe they're one of the harder species to keep in captivity though. @ErinM31, was it this species you were able to breed or one of the other polydesmids?

UltimateDracoMeteor

Arachnosquire
Is it what is referred to as a Feather Leg?
Different species, but they're somewhat similar. The pede in the OP is a polydesmid, or "flat-backed millipede."

I've seen black and yellow flat pedes on Cape Cod Roaches and feather millipedes on Bugs in Cyberspace. They're also easy to find under bark and rocks, but they're usually smaller than most would prefer.