Giant desert hairy setup

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
Hi, I’m picking up a giant desert hairy today. I plan to have him/her setup in a 5 gallon tank with coco diver and sand mix. How does this sound? My room fluctuates between 78-82f

do you think I need a heat pad?

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I think that’s a good temp but if it gets colder like in winter, you will probably need a heat pan on the side of the tank with a thermostat

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Hi, I’m picking up a giant desert hairy today. I plan to have him/her setup in a 5 gallon tank with coco diver and sand mix. How does this sound? My room fluctuates between 78-82f

do you think I need a heat pad?
I prefer using nano infrared bulbs for heat source...

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I would not use there because they dry out humid tanks witch I know this doesn’t apply but they are to big. At least the heat pad takes up less space

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
Thank you for all who are helping. This is the scopes home atm.
I also purchased 10lb of excavator clay. And will mix it with sand
I plan to use a 5G as it’s home or even this large Kritter keeper.

anyone have any ideas for clean up crews? Beside blue deaths? ( they illegal in Canada)

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Thank you for all who are helping. This is the scopes home atm.
I also purchased 10lb of excavator clay. And will mix it with sand
I plan to use a 5G as it’s home or even this large Kritter keeper.

anyone have any ideas for clean up crews? Beside blue deaths? ( they illegal in Canada)
Do you know how old your scorp is ?

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
If your scorp is still molting, I wouldn't use clean up crews...

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
For the clean up crews, desert springtails. They don’t need cleaners but it’s up to you

ChiefinOnSomeSkunk

Arachnopeon
As stated before they do not need clean up crews but it is every owners choice/preference. However, stay away from clean up crews unless the scorpion is a mature adult. During molting they can cause issues for the scorpion. Overall I recommend sticking to the old fashion way and cleaning the cage yourself. The enclosure looks very nice and I don't see any issues with the setup.