Giant crab spider/huntsman - care tips?

arizonablue

Arachnosquire
My boyfriend caught a giant crab spider/huntsman in his house today. He's keeping it for me until Sunday. He says it has very quickly and violently accepted a fly for dinner. :D Does anyone have any care tips for this species? I'm planning on cocofiber/sand substrate kept pretty dry (we're in Arizona so I assume this spider doesn't need much moisture), some cork bark, and crickets as feeders. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Attachments

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
very easily kept. spray one side of the enclosure so it can drink, despite being desert spiders they get pretty thirsty.

They can actually be found in moist areas, you can find them up in the mountains in the chaparral and alpine zones just give them good ventilation and warmth and theyre happy

Salmon

Arachnopeon
Friendly fella. I like how his little black face looks like a mask!

arizonablue

Arachnosquire
very easily kept. spray one side of the enclosure so it can drink, despite being desert spiders they get pretty thirsty.

They can actually be found in moist areas, you can find them up in the mountains in the chaparral and alpine zones just give them good ventilation and warmth and theyre happy
Oh definitely, I'll be misting a corner so it can get some water. The sub won't need to be constantly moist, though, right? Thanks for the info! :)