[Warning] Ghost84

valswishh

Arachnopeon
I reached out to one of the admins about Ghost84 on Arachnoboards. Beware of this scammer!

He scammed multiple people under the name of Ghostrideking & is now using user Ghost84.

He tried buying some spiders from me but I quickly caught onto him as his zipcode was for the same address that is on his ghostrideking review items page. He also insisted on paying with Paypal, as paypal gives refunds if he were to state that he never got my package.

I confronted him, then he proceeded to block me. Beware!!!

Attachments

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for the warning, but...there's over 20k people living in that zip code. Is the "ghost" in both names what leads you to believe he's attempting a scam? Not saying you're wrong, but I happen to know that at least TWO other members of this board share my zip code, wholly coincidentally; I've never met either one in person, only through posting here, & we're not even double that Zip's population.

valswishh

Arachnopeon
The address on the “ghostrideking” account was the same zipcode as the one the person provided me now. Same user with “Ghost” in it .. Same method of typing, spelling is off punctuation is off. I’m 100% positive it is the same guy, as we’ve texted numerous times before in the past as he tried selling me H chilensis with different phone numbers that were not using Imessage. It leads me to the same area in Cali, within 2 miles between each other. It’s definitely the same guy.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Thanks for bringing your suspicion to our attention. In general, we need more than 6 hrs, to investigate and respond to your questions.

While it is certainly a possibility that they are the same person, nothing that you have stated, or from what we have seen so far, leads us to the same result.

• There are currently 95 different users with "ghost" as part of their username.
  • Ghostrideking appeared to be working out of Texas, NOT California.
  • The address in Ghostrideking's review item appears to be in Austin, TX. Not sure where you're seeing a zipcode.
  • Lots of people only use paypal for transactions. Not sure why you think it's an indicator that they are a scammer.
  • 70% of the world uses android phones which can not use iMessage either
Please note, we are not stating that they are or are not the same person, just that (at this time) we did not reach the same conclusion that you did

If you have doubts about a user, we suggest that you don't do business with them.