Ghost Mantis Breeding Instructions and tips.

Braden

Arachnoknight
Hey all. I have recently had a pair of Ghost Mantis mature(a few days ago) and I am really excited to breed them in a few weeks.
I have found a pretty good cite and I was hoping somebody could fact check it for me or if you have different approaches! Thanks!

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Hey all. I have recently had a pair of Ghost Mantis mature(a few days ago) and I am really excited to breed them in a few weeks.
I have found a pretty good cite and I was hoping somebody could fact check it for me or if you have different approaches! Thanks!

I recommend making a mantidforum account as I am more active on there than here and there are plenty of people on there who are mantis encyclopedias. Everything about that is correct minus that the females will unlikely eat males. That is FALSE. I’ve had obese females make quick work of males for no reason.

Braden

Arachnoknight
Ok, tonight is the night! Wish me luck(or more the male I suppose)

Braden

Arachnoknight
Ok, so last night I put them together and the male was on her back within half an hour, an eager lil dude.

I was thinking of leaving them together for a few days, in case something went wrong and he has to try again or whatever.

I figured since they are a "communal" species I may as well just leave them together for a few more days.

Braden

Arachnoknight
Ok, they have been together for the past 3 or so days. The male has been on her back 2 more times since the first time. I decided to separate them. Any idea when she will start to lay ooths?

Thanks!

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Ok, they have been together for the past 3 or so days. The male has been on her back 2 more times since the first time. I decided to separate them. Any idea when she will start to lay ooths?

Thanks!
When did she go to adult?

Braden

Arachnoknight
I'm doing things right, right? Im guessing your the expert lol

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I'm doing things right, right? Im guessing your the expert lol
I wouldn’t have left them together personally, probably would have bred them under controlled circumstances. Otherwise, you’re doing stuff great.