gf claims one of my b. dubia's bit her

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
an adult was climbing up her arm and said it bit down on her skin.... haven't had this happen to me but do they really bite?

ScorpionFanatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They can bite just rarely do. I would say if an animal has a mouth or teeth then yes, they can give a bite.

mcysgirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not claiming anything... the stupid thing bit me >.< I don't know how else it would have pinched me x.x -mutters about stupid roaches-

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Maybe one of the spines on the leg poked you :D I would think it odd for one to bite, but anything is possible...

My daughter was always getting bitten by our African millipede. I didnt believe her until I watched it actually bite her!! Shes the only one it ever bit!!! Maybe you should separate the roach, name it KILLER, and see if you can get some violent offspring from it and start a new hybrid :D:D

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's funny this thread was started because today when I was cleaning my roach colony I took a moment and held one of my large females. I was checking out her mouth and thinking I bet they could give a good bite. She didn't bite me but it did make me nervouse.

It certainly has the equipment to bite, but one has never bitten me. I have hundreds of them and hold the largest quite a bit.

I think the young lady is correct about being bitten. However unlikely it may be.

Tom

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Maybe one of the spines on the leg poked you :D I would think it odd for one to bite, but anything is possible...

My daughter was always getting bitten by our African millipede. I didnt believe her until I watched it actually bite her!! Shes the only one it ever bit!!! Maybe you should separate the roach, name it KILLER, and see if you can get some violent offspring from it and start a new hybrid :D:D
i've been legspined to bleeding by hissing cockroaches a few times and a jerusalem cricket once, so i would readily believe it happened here too

lol, when i kept leafeaters i had an AGB that bit me and kept chewing for FIFTEEN minutes until i started to bleed. i have no doubt it would have kept going but i put it back in the cage then =P

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lol, when i kept leafeaters i had an AGB that bit me and kept chewing for FIFTEEN minutes until i started to bleed. i have no doubt it would have kept going but i put it back in the cage then =P
:eek: Scary! I'll have to remember not to tell the little preschoolers that at BugZoo things. I've seen my male scrape his mouthparts on my skin, but I just thought he was trying to get some minerals from my sweat. It felt more weird than it did painful.

And I've been legspined before too, with hissers, and it's especially painful if they get anywhere with exsema (how the heck is that spelled?).

rag

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have been bitten by a dubia. it surprised me but its not unbearable ;P

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've been legspined to bleeding by hissing cockroaches a few times and a jerusalem cricket once, so i would readily believe it happened here too

Man, you make me laugh loads.. i take my hat off to you though.You seem to thrive on being eaten! Your tolerance must be pretty high though, you also let them sit happily and eat you..15mins? lol :worship: :worship:

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh, and i have had a similar experience with a peppered roach hind leg. that drew blood..didnt hurt but the spines are very strong.. thats a big roach too though