Getting worse

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is sort of an update/curiosity from my other post.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=192206

Well...I noticed my L.p. sitting on the side of the tank. i noticed the "injury" has gotten noticeably bigger since a few days ago. I'm not quite sure what it is, but the only thing i could think of is either a parasite or some sort of fungal infection (she is separated from the rest of the collection and i did wash my hands(twice) afterward in case it is infection). here's what i noticed

The "infection" has now spread to the opposite lung (and appears to be heading towards the back two), up to the pedicel and up the right side.

It's pushing the book lung out

And here's it moving up it's right side.

I have tried feeding her twice the past few days and has refused to eat both times. even kicking hairs at one roach (took it as an obvious sign she is not hungry). but I don't have high hopes considering how fast it's spreading. I'm really bummed since this T instantly became one of my favorites with its calm and awesome personality. Any speculations as to what this could be would be great.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have only seen this one other time before on these threads, I wish I could remember the hobbyist. I believe that he T moted with the ulcerated booklung, it did not heal 100% but it got better. It almost callused over.

I do not remember any subsequent posts either.

I hope your T cranks out another molt soon.

GL.

PIG-

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I do not remember any subsequent posts either.
I posted a link to it at the top of this post, as it shows the "wound" several days post molt.

It looked as thought it were healing after but has quickly spread/got bigger (however you look at it)

I had read a post earlier this week about someones T. the thread was titled should i watch him die? or something. appeared to be a similar situation only in different places. would you be able to post a link to that thread you mentioned by chance? for comparison purposes.