Getting T's on Thurs!!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I called Art Cerda of Midwest Exotic Pets and told me that they will be sent out tomorrow so I will get my A.Versicolor and the Free Brazillian Pink Salmon. I was wondering I know Vermiculite is good for A.Versicolors but can you use Peat Moss instead

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Peat should be fine for the versi, just remeber not to let it dry out 100% because it is hard to re-wet.

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi.
You can or you can use a mixture of the two.
Chidd

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats I keep my other little versi with straight sphagnum peat as substrate.And it does fine the humidity stays up as long as its not bone dry .

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Counting down the Hrs till they get here !! Oh whats the best way to keep humidity high in a deli cup for a Versicolor?

Time Left: 17 hrs and 45 mins :D (predicting they be here around 11:30 am est

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by rosehaired1979
Oh whats the best way to keep humidity high in a deli cup for a Versicolor?
It will do fine so long as you keep the substrate in the bottom of the container slightly moist (and I doubt even that much is necessary).

I've said it many times and I'll say it again: humidity is over emphasised with Avics. Concentrate on ventilation and regular availability of water and you'll never have a problem. Try and keep the humidity as high as the caresheets (incorrectly) say and you stand a good chance of having molds, stale air, and a dead spider.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Incidentally, I'm in the same boat you are: an order from Darwin and, if he got it out today, an order from Art should both be in the mail room tomorrow (how do people just order 1 T? I go to place an order and never get away with less than half a dozen).

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm with CM.. except in real life, at stores, not online...

i mean, i can never get home with less than 4 or 5 Ts

:)

pce
dave

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am actually getting 2 the 1/2" A.Versicolor and the 1/2 " Brazillian Pink Salmon. I have no dealers near where I live. i think the closest Dealer for me would be Inland Sea Reptiles and there in Florida since I live in Western NC :) so i don't think I'll drive there lol

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
On that note, ExoPets is actually located in NC. I think in eastern NC, not sure about that.

Bry

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good luck with your new T's.

All I've ever done with my Avic's is keep the substrate moist and have enough ventilation holes in the container so you don't have condensation forming inside. If you have condensation, there is way too much humidity---not good at all for the T.