Resolved Getting Throttled?

SharkNATO

Arachnopeon
I've been browsing pretty heavily for the last few weeks (lockdown boredom). For the last couple days I've had pages load extremely slowly and get a 'server not responding ' error half of the time. Other websites are working fine. Is anyone else experiencing this? Am I being throttled?

I find the website slow to respond and timing out last few days too.All other websites work fine at those times so not connection issue.Im based in UK
Edit:Its not happening all the time but often enough to be annoying
Regards Konstantin

Last edited:

Two short legs

Arachnopeon
Yep I think it's all round,with the mobile network was told maybe problems.home phone and internet,yep it's slow at times..but like you say the lock down .what is one of the main entertainment??and more people at home.?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
We do not throttle users.

Are you getting actual errors, (can you take screenshots?) or are you just sometimes experiencing slowness with the site rendering when you take an action?

Can you guys give me exact times/range of time when you experience these issues (going forward) and what time zone you're in?

Thanks in advance,
MrD

Two short legs

Arachnopeon
It's all round,had to wait to get on some websites!never before.Pets at Home website was one of them,I was in some long queue100+,went back to it 4am , no problem. I'm in the UK.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I am only interested in issues with THIS WEBSITE, when they are happening (not when they're not), if you are getting actual errors, and what those errors are.

SharkNATO

Arachnopeon
Tried to post screenshot of the error I got ~5 minutes ago but the post wouldn't load. The error I screenshotted said 'Safari could not open the Page because the server stopped responding'.

Description I tried to include w/ the screenshot:
This is the screen I got the first time I tried to click to this thread. It tried to load for about 15-30 seconds then gave up. Am currently in GMT time zone. Loaded when I tried again, was a bit sluggish. Other websites are loading at normal speed.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Throttled??????

😂

Adds "Throttle" to list of future 🕷 names! 👍

I'm on Samsung mobile and everything has been working perfectly.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
We do not throttle users.

Are you getting actual errors, (can you take screenshots?) or are you just sometimes experiencing slowness with the site rendering when you take an action?

Can you guys give me exact times/range of time when you experience these issues (going forward) and what time zone you're in?

Thanks in advance,
MrD
I am only interested in issues with THIS WEBSITE, when they are happening (not when they're not), if you are getting actual errors, and what those errors are.
What we are specifically looking for is, ONLY for those of you that ARE having issues. If you can not recall, then please start documenting it now, over the course of the next few days to a week. Please note (write down or keep track of) what day and what time it happens; what time zone you are in, if you get an error message and exactly what those error messages are (as already mentioned above).

Please NO ONE ELSE comment in this thread (unless you know the actual answer. No, this does NOT include your best guess),

Thanks,

Debby

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Please NO ONE ELSE comment in this thread (unless you know the actual answer. No, this does NOT include your best guess),
Plus @MrDeranged . I'm getting two errors. ssl_error_bad_mac_read and DNS not resolving. Found a few causes.
1. Refreshing a web site from a window or tab that has been open for a while. Example, a Youtube video checks for the next block of data and the server throws back "That was 2 days ago!" MACs are most often out of time syncs between what is on your device and what the server has to offer. Usually can be fixed closing all apps or programs, pausing for a few seconds and restarting.
2. Heavy Traffic. DNS look up resolves are having trouble keeping up. Resolved by just keep trying. Resolves will happen eventually. Get everyone to throw their PDAs away would help this a lot. Or at least block links in Farcebook.
3. The grand whoopee. Lots of techs doing maintenance are wire twisters fron ADSL days and haven't been properly brought up to speed with fiber-optic. Had 5 of them in my office checking my router issues. 4 were staring at the test instruments obviously clueless as to what they were seeing. One trick ponys trying a new trick.

Last edited:

SharkNATO

Arachnopeon
My loading speeds have returned to normal over the last few days. No idea what the cause is, but happy it's over.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I'm speaking way too soon here. Seems that the Bonk Bros. Inc. Ltd. figured out how to connect fiber optic A to fiber optic B without the use of Super Glue C resulting in a whole lot fewer Windoze KA-DONG something just disconnected warnings. Am I tempting fates if I reconnect some of my HDs and USB goodies?