Getting some new additions today!!!

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Found this ad on craigslist:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/pet/2008140590.html

Going to pick them up today. He dropped the price down to $150 for all of them and their setup, which is a premade split tank with three compartments. He said it's like ones you see at pet stores and he said he got all three of them from a reptile expo a few years back. He also said the LP and the A. seemani are confirmed females, but the P. cancerides was too small to sex when he got it. Can't wait to get them!!!

And is that an A. seemanni or A. sp. "Guatamala"?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Wow - great find! (In spite of the divided tank...) Let us know how they are in person!

Marga

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This wasn't a homemade split tank so it's all good. Each compartment is separated with no gaps and have individual lids. The LP is huge at 7", almost bigger than my hand, and I'm already loving the A. seemani (~5") and P. cancerides. (~5.5 to 6") I got the spiders, the tank, four water dishes and four hides, and a heat strip that is the length of the tank, all for $150!!!! :D

Here are some pics of the spiders:

Enclosure:

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Oh, very nice indeed. They look like they are all in good shape. Congratulations!

Marga

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think I like the tank better than the T's:liar: no but serious that is an awesome 4 enclosure tank. I'm getting ideas lol

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think I like the tank better than the T's:liar: no but serious that is an awesome 4 enclosure tank. I'm getting ideas lol

They usually use those at Expo's for display... but are still very neat!!!!

To Chris.... Wow thats a Good find!!! That's neat congrats to your new additions!!! It's always good to find those type of deals.....
I bumped into a sweet deal this summer as well...
I got my b. albopisum n her 40 g tank for FREE....
Basically i got a free T... and a new enclosure for my T. sp. burgundy...
Craigslist, Kijiji are goldmines.... if you know how to use it....

Peace!!!

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes nice T's and find.. The true A. seemanni is truly a looker! :)

How big is the enclosure(s)? It looks nice and is quite large from what I gather from the pics.. Have size or did I miss that earlier in the post? (doh!)

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll have to get the dimensions when I get home today.

So far the A. seemani is very calm, but a bit skittish. As for the other two, the LP attacks anything that goes in there like it's a cricket. The P. cancerides will throw up a threat when disturbed, then turn around and book it the other way, it's pretty fast, it actually ran out when I had it's cage open and I had to catch it and put it back in. Great spiders though.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice! I want the enclosure & the LP... :p Congrats on the find.. They all look great.. :)

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay I got the measurements guys.

It's 4 feet across so each tank is a foot wide. It's 12.5 inches from front to back. And it's 7 inches tall.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay I got the measurements guys.

It's 4 feet across so each tank is a foot wide. It's 12.5 inches from front to back. And it's 7 inches tall.
Wow that is nice! Looks good too and wouldn't mind having those in a racking system honestly..

Someone said they are display correct? Anyone who might know if are available? Sorry to Hijack a bit.

Thanks Chris..

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh and to your question about a A. seemanni or sp Guatemala I would say true A. seemanni by the 1/2 stripe mid tarsi whereas the Guatemala has a cross band on the same tarsi.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay I haven't wrote dimensions in a while so I can't remember how to write them. It's LxWxH correct? So is the size across (4 ft.) the width? Or the length?