Getting Sand Boa to eat

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yay! :D I'd be worried she might accidentally eat some paper towel along with the mouse, though. Just be sure you check the towels for tears, I guess. You wouldn't want to have to deal with that kind of trouble. :eek:

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Somehow, I think that a little paper towel will not pose too much of a problem. They can digest fur and bones, after all. Crumpling up pieces of newpaper and leaving thim inside the tank is a trick ball python owners use to help keep juveniles from becoming stressed out and going off of their feed. I'll bet this works along the same lines.

NakiahBurnes

Arachnopeon
My daughter's baby Anery KSB won't eat. The first week we had him he ate a half of f/t pinkie. It has been three weeks. We try to feed in a deli cup or plastic container. I've tried leaving over night, coating with egg yolk, moving the pinkie in front of him with disposable chopsticks. Live isn't an option where I live.
I'm not sure what to do but she is really afraid he'll die. Can you help Speckles Slytherin?

Attachments

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My daughter's baby Anery KSB won't eat. The first week we had him he ate a half of f/t pinkie. It has been three weeks. We try to feed in a deli cup or plastic container. I've tried leaving over night, coating with egg yolk, moving the pinkie in front of him with disposable chopsticks. Live isn't an option where I live.
I'm not sure what to do but she is really afraid he'll die. Can you help Speckles Slytherin?
Have you tried braining the pinkie? I'm assuming it's warm too?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Make sure the food item is well warmed, warm slightly with hair dryer after defrosting, then place warm item on a flat piece of slate or similar and leave on surface,offer food late evening, and the food will be gone in the morning.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Did you buy it as an established feeder?
If so, chances are this is a husbandry issue.
I have kept and bred a number of species of sand boa, all of mine were heated with a heat lamp, not a mat.
That is often the most common reason for non feeding in sand boas.