Question Getting posts deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseyPink01

Arachnosquire
I asked some dumb questions and I want to delete the post but I found out that I need to report the post and ask a mod to delete it.
I can not figure out how to report my own post. It's probably obvious and I'm just missing it but please help.
Thanks

ByMennen

Arachnosquire
To my knowledge, they don't delete posts unless they're in need of deletion. They want them so others can search in the future and find an answer.
They'll have a more accurate answer, I just think I've seen this asked before.
They can delete, just think they'd rather it be there as information for future reference.

RoseyPink01

Arachnosquire
To my knowledge, they don't delete posts unless they're in need of deletion. They want them so others can search in the future and find an answer.
They'll have a more accurate answer, I just think I've seen this asked before.
They can delete, just think they'd rather it be there as information for future reference.
Oh. Ok. Darn lol. Thanks!

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I asked some dumb questions and I want to delete the post but I found out that I need to report the post and ask a mod to delete it.
I can not figure out how to report my own post. It's probably obvious and I'm just missing it but please help.
Thanks
Everyone has asked 'dumb' questions, it's part of the learning process. In reality though, there are no dumb questions, they only seem dumb in hindsight. Sure the answer could be straight forward and simple or it could be easily found with resources you didn't know you had available, but you didn't know any of that until you asked. No need to feel embarrassed or anything of the sort. No need to delete or modify your posts either. What you might see as potentially embarrasing might just be viewed as informative by the next keeper who has the question.

Here's one of my 'dumb' questions:
https://arachnoboards.com/threads/what-in-the-world.346287/

RoseyPink01

Arachnosquire
Everyone has asked 'dumb' questions, it's part of the learning process. In reality though, there are no dumb questions, they only seem dumb in hindsight. Sure the answer could be straight forward and simple or it could be easily found with resources you didn't know you had available, but you didn't know any of that until you asked. No need to feel embarrassed or anything of the sort. No need to delete or modify your posts either. What you might see as potentially embarrasing might just be viewed as informative by the next keeper who has the question.

Here's one of my 'dumb' questions: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/what-in-the-world.346287/#post-3188732
Thank you. But when people leave condescending comments saying to just Google it or stop asking questions like this, I feel like deleting it may be beneficial.

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
Supporters can edit posts much farther out that non-paying members, at least a few days, if not more.
Just checked....I can edit posts made as far back as Sunday, but not Saturday, so what's that, two days? Someone check my math, it was a rough night.

SkittlesTheJumpingSpider

Arachnosquire
Thanks
To report your own (or other people's) post click the `report` button on the bottom left corner of your thread/reply.

Arachnoboards1.jpg

When you click it it should open this:

Arachnaboards2.png
Put your reason for the report, and click report.

RoseyPink01

Arachnosquire

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Oh my Gosh I'm actually stupid lol 😂 I can't believe I didn't see that. I was looking at the wrong place. Thank you so much lol
@RoseyPink01, do you see the irony here? I'm not trying to be offensive or sarcastic in the slightest and text is a really, really bad way to convey this, but would you also like this post deleted because the answer was easily found? Not being afraid of looking stupid, taking the constructive criticism along with the pointless criticism, and leaving a trail of knowledge that can be referenced by both new and experienced keepers alike is how the boards have grown to be such a wealth of information. It may not feel like it, but you're contributing to that growth.

RoseyPink01

Arachnosquire
@RoseyPink01, do you see the irony here? I'm not trying to be offensive or sarcastic in the slightest and text is a really, really bad way to convey this, but would you also like this post deleted because the answer was easily found? Not being afraid of looking stupid, taking the constructive criticism along with the pointless criticism, and leaving a trail of knowledge that can be referenced by both new and experienced keepers alike is how the boards have grown to be such a wealth of information. It may not feel like it, but you're contributing to that growth.
I mean, I don't need it deleted. Im ok leaving the others up also. I've been reassured it's not a big deal to ask "dumb" questions. Thank you, though

Status
Not open for further replies.