Getting new slings

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am getting:
Lasiodora Parahybana
Lasiodora Difficilis
Gramostola Areostriata

I was wondering what the difference in care of the two lasiodoras is, also how long does it take for them to mature? I know how to care for them properly but I have never dealt with these species.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are both the same, I would probably keep the Lasiodora Difficilis slightly more humid though. It'll take the Lasiodoras probably under 2 years to mature. The Grammostola aureostriata will take around 5, give or take a few.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks for the reply's, another dilemna I face is that they are slings, I have 5 T's but have never had slings. for the smaller ones I am going to put them in vials but what should I do for a 1 inch difficilis?

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dunno about dificilis. Vials/Tupperware always seem fine for me. Give them enough substrate and a hide. Mist twice a week or so for drinks. Feed 'em pinheads or fruit flies (I find fruit flies hella messy). If these are not available, kill crickets and feed them... Make sure to remove their carcasses in 24hrs. Also, crickets are best killed via freezing. Drowning if you feel like it :). Cutting off head doesn't work too well - still twitching leg reflexes.

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
slings can eat live pinhead size crickets,maybe two a week

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yah, don't feed them live crickets that are larger than the spiders. I had trouble finding pinheads, so I just went the freeze adult cricks route.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So the slings will eat it even though it is not moving?