Getting my second, and maybe third T

Jeffrey Wade

Arachnopeon
So pleased with Octavia, my G.pulchra, that I believe it's time to add ..
I have a 3" brachypelma boehmei on its way. Comments?
Considering a lasiodora klugi sub adult female, but on fence about
Any comments appreciated

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I say awesome, go for it. Just remember to keep space requirements in the back of your mind as they grow and upgrade enclosure. It’s easy to get 20 slings in, then realize later you don’t have the space. Also.. get good with different types before jumping to old worlds.

Jeffrey Wade

Arachnopeon
That's my concern with l.klugi, I don't have much room for another 10, much less 30 gallon tank, if she indeed reaches her expected proportions.
Being said, I do want a bit of a feistier companion to Octavia's calm demeanor

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Side topic. Just realized you’re in Oregon. You going to the reptile expo on the 11th? Should be a good assortment of T’s there.

Jeffrey Wade

Arachnopeon
Side topic. Just realized you’re in Oregon. You going to the reptile expo on the 11th? Should be a good assortment of T’s there.
I work weekends 8-6. So probably not. Plus, I feel I could be a terrible impulse shopper, and would rather research and take some time

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I work weekends 8-6. So probably not. Plus, I feel I could be a terrible impulse shopper, and would rather research and take some time
Haha, I feel ya. I’m going to go have a look. And hopefully not leave with more than my set limit. Anyways best of luck on your tarantula journey.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's my concern with l.klugi, I don't have much room for another 10, much less 30 gallon tank, if she indeed reaches her expected proportions.
Being said, I do want a bit of a feistier companion to Octavia's calm demeanor
You have to get a bigger house then!

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Congrats on the new T! Can't wait to sse pics :)
You going to the reptile expo on the 11th? Should be a good assortment of T’s there.
Sorry to go off topic of the thread, but I was wondering if you know what T vendors will be there? I checked out the vendor list and as far as I can tell only one, Twisted Silk Exotics. It will be my first time attending an expo, I have no idea what to expect but I'm so excited to go have a look.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Congrats on the new T! Can't wait to sse pics :)

Sorry to go off topic of the thread, but I was wondering if you know what T vendors will be there? I checked out the vendor list and as far as I can tell only one, Twisted Silk Exotics. It will be my first time attending an expo, I have no idea what to expect but I'm so excited to go have a look.
I’m not a 100% certain what T vendors will be there. Mostly going for gf to look at a couple of snakes. I just know that generally with expos there are a couple of people selling T’s. Curious to see if there is anything that excites me to pick up a couple more.

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
I just know that generally with expos there are a couple of people selling
I hope so, I'm not sure but I think Twisted Silk Exotics mostly specialize in species I'm not even close to ready for :) it would be nice to go home with something, but it will be fun to look around regardless. Thanks for your reply!

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I hope so, I'm not sure but I think Twisted Silk Exotics mostly specialize in species I'm not even close to ready for :) it would be nice to go home with something, but it will be fun to look around regardless. Thanks for your reply!
The two I’m looking to add are P. metallica and A. bicoloratum. Sure.. I could pick them up online, but if the price is right compared to shipping costs, I prefer to get my T’s in person.

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
The two I’m looking to add are P. metallica and A. bicoloratum. Sure.. I could pick them up online, but if the price is right compared to shipping costs, I prefer to get my T’s in person.
I hope you find them, they are both beautiful! At this point in time I'm looking for NW terrestrials with names I can pronounce :)
I'm guessing there are a lot of breeders here locally that I don't even know of yet, I don't see having the need to mail order anytime soon. That and all those videos of delivery drivers acting badly, I prefer in person as well. Though I know there are some phenomenal breeders on this forum that I would like to buy from someday, I'm just not there yet.
(I will stop hijacking the OPs thread now, sorry bout that!)

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I hope you find them, they are both beautiful! At this point in time I'm looking for NW terrestrials with names I can pronounce :)
I'm guessing there are a lot of breeders here locally that I don't even know of yet, I don't see having the need to mail order anytime soon. That and all those videos of delivery drivers acting badly, I prefer in person as well. Though I know there are some phenomenal breeders on this forum that I would like to buy from someday, I'm just not there yet.
(I will stop hijacking the OPs thread now, sorry bout that!)
There is a breeder out of Lebanon I got my GBB from. Normally always posting on Craigslist. Good pricing too.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Can't go wrong with a Brachypelma. ;) With Lasiodora you just have to be aware that it'll get pretty large and mindful of the enclosure requirements, like @Poonjab said. And be aware that in a year you'll have about a dozen or more spiders!

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
There is a breeder out of Lebanon I got my GBB from. Normally always posting on Craigslist. Good pricing too.
Good to know. I might hit you up for their info in the future, I'll be checking out craigslist in that area in the mean time. I know pnwarachnids sometimes advertises on cl, and there's someone in Gresham who's been trying to offload their collection for some time now. Just putting that out there for other locals :)

Jeffrey Wade

Arachnopeon
If I was home more I'd get a snake or two..I just think Ts a
Can't go wrong with a Brachypelma. ;) With Lasiodora you just have to be aware that it'll get pretty large and mindful of the enclosure requirements, like @Poonjab said. And be aware that in a year you'll have about a dozen or more spiders!
What about pamphobeteus antinous?
Those are big I hear..comments?

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
Any comments appreciated
This is how it begins. Quit now, while you still can.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Any comments appreciated
I like the G. pulchra, very nice selection.

Of the Brachy's, the B boehmei is in my top 2...It’s kind of a toss up for me between B boehmei & B auratum. So definitely a big “YES”.

The Lasiodora genus has a lot to offer. I went the classic L parahybana route, and I'm very happy with the choice. I would not be surprised if I add another Lasiodora species or two down the road. L klugi is a beautiful selection.

For myself, I finally broke down and placed another order...16 slings coming in once the weather clears a bit, and over-night temperatures are above freezing.

Post images of your spiders, once they come in and are settled.