Getting my lil scorps interested...

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I tried putting my two Buthus something together...i bought them as barbouri but now their color seems...not as pictured in S.files
So i'm guessin that they are some sp or maybe some occitanus instead...
Ok...so its been a long while now since they last molted...got them at 6th instar...after that the male dun look so puffed up...not always eating...but the females fat as a blimp...so i guess they are already adults and had been mislabelled as 6th instar...Now they are about 2inches long...

So i tried to put the two together and see if they wud be interested...butthey seem to be rather afraid of one another...:?

Wat do i need to do next ?

I know when i put my australis pair together...they started out immediately...watched it halfway and went to sleep...seen it too many times...guess tat they have been away from each other for more than a year and got desperate :D

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
does the female of this spp mature at 6th instar??? she might need another molt..

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know that most scorp mature at 8. Now she is at 7th instar after the last molt...
Funny thing is every scorp that i bought from this seller...have the same characteristic...My baby gracilis tat i got at 2nd instar started at it at 7th instar too...
Now i'm havin the 2 nd brood from her