Getting my 1st T on Tuesday - Help

MKG

Arachnopeon
He (probable male) is a B. Smithi 2".
I am getting a small critter keeper that is 8 to 9" long, 5 to 6" tall and 6 to 7" wide.
Eco earth
A hide
Water bottle lid for the water dish.

Is all this okay?
How deep should my substrate be?

Thank you so much for your input. I'm excited but nervous.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Sounds fine. Your substrate should be deep enough so that the space between the lid and the sub is no more than 1.5 X DLS. In your case, leave 3 inches of space at the top.

It is perfectly normal for them to hang on the side of the enclosure at first, so expect that. Just leave it alone for a couple of days and let it settle in before trying to feed it.

MKG

Arachnopeon
Sounds fine. Your substrate should be deep enough so that the space between the lid and the sub is no more than 1.5 X DLS. In your case, leave 3 inches of space at the top.

It is perfectly normal for them to hang on the side of the enclosure at first, so expect that. Just leave it alone for a couple of days and let it settle in before trying to feed it.
Thank you. He cannot get out through the slits in the top correct? Basically is this a secure place for him?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
If you put him in that enclosure he's gonna hide forever. Here's my 2" tarantula in the appropriately sized enclosure:
Regina eating.jpg

Amy31fife

Arachnopeon
He (probable male) is a B. Smithi 2".
I am getting a small critter keeper that is 8 to 9" long, 5 to 6" tall and 6 to 7" wide.
Eco earth
A hide
Water bottle lid for the water dish.

Is all this okay?
How deep should my substrate be?

Thank you so much for your input. I'm excited but nervous.

I've got a red knee also and apparently my friend who has many TS uses old pot noodle containers as a hide. I've not tried this but I'm going to. I'm new to the inverts world and she was my first t I'm getting a curly haired from exotics apparently in four working days so i get how you feel lol. Here's my lil girl fluffy

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I've got a red knee also and apparently my friend who has many TS uses old pot noodle containers as a hide. I've not tried this but I'm going to. I'm new to the inverts world and she was my first t I'm getting a curly haired from exotics apparently in four working days so i get how you feel lol. Here's my lil girl fluffy
If my eyes doesn't betray me I see an Xbox One :-s

Gman32176

Arachnopeon
If my eyes doesn't betray me I see an Xbox One :-s
Oh my word, do you play For Honor on xbone??

Careful posting pics of handling. You'll be crucified for it around here. ;)

MKG

Arachnopeon
A 2-inch T should not be able to get out of a KK lid.
Perfect!
She is gorgeous!

Gman32176

Arachnopeon
lol I was actually asking @Chris LXXIX if he played it. You're all welcome to game with me when I buy Live Gold again though. :D

No, man :-s
Bought an Xbox One due to a steal here in Italy, brand new console, the occasion was too good for a 'no'... but I rarely play nowaday.
Ah, what a shame. I recommend it. Wait.. actually idk if I do with it being a Ubisoft game and having the usual issues that accompany that.. Eh, I'm way off topic though. :p

Gman32176

Arachnopeon
Add me too when you do lol xoxpinkiepiexox
Only thing I really play is For Honor. :p It's my friends console but it stays up at my house. Regardless we only have a few games, For Honor being the only one with enjoyable multiplayer.

Amy31fife

Arachnopeon
Only thing I really play is For Honor. :p It's my friends console but it stays up at my house. Regardless we only have a few games, For Honor being the only one with enjoyable multiplayer.
Ooo checked it out looks like good game. I'm more into gears of wars and GTA 5 and infinite warfare oh and was into halo lol. But new games will always try out

MKG

Arachnopeon
Yep. It's labeled 12 ounces, but it's the exact same size as a 16 ounce container I have, so I don;t know if it's 12 ounces or 16 ounces.
I am going with a 4" square x 5. I think this would be more appropriate compared to the KK. Do you agree?