Getting back into the hobby

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Its been a while since i have last posted from my early user ID ThatGuy but since i could not get my ID back i just made a new one anyways i noticed that most of the old dealers are long gone now and i cant seem to find a good dealer that has any good scorps, i had to give up my last collection because of a move it was a whole mess of andro ssp's and what not but this time im just going to keep it simple and house a breeding pair of P. Trans or maybe another breeding pair of a andro ssp if i can but like i said i can not find any good dealers around anymore and i have looked threw all the dealer reviews and such but a lot of those are dead links. Any help would be great thanks much.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Its been a while since i have last posted from my early user ID ThatGuy but since i could not get my ID back i just made a new one anyways i noticed that most of the old dealers are long gone now and i cant seem to find a good dealer that has any good scorps, i had to give up my last collection because of a move it was a whole mess of andro ssp's and what not but this time im just going to keep it simple and house a breeding pair of P. Trans or maybe another breeding pair of a andro ssp if i can but like i said i can not find any good dealers around anymore and i have looked threw all the dealer reviews and such but a lot of those are dead links. Any help would be great thanks much.
If you are looking for adults you won't find many dealers with them. Your best bet would be a fellow hobbiest. Most of the nicer spieces of scorpions will be found with hobbiest, No one is bringing anything new in.

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ya i was affraid of that thanks for the info man, but i dont know there has to be some kinda dealer with some what of a good stock left unless everything went down hill in the last five years, too bad botar by 8's went under because he had so many nice scorps it wasnt even funny and if he did not have it on his list he would find it for ya, too bad times have changed.

Last edited:

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If you're wanting to buy from a dealer, check out KenTheBugGuy, he is the one who bought out Botar a couple years ago.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Honestly, you'll find some really nice stuff from breeders. I havn't purchased anything from a dealer in a long time.

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Honestly, you'll find some really nice stuff from breeders. I havn't purchased anything from a dealer in a long time.
ya im sure u are right about that, i just need to find some people who are willing to sell some of there brood. i did look at ken the bug guys web sight not too bad there are a couple of scorps i would purchase. Thanks for the new info guys

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Check out the classifieds, monitor peoples' new broods. Maybe post a wanted ad, you'll get there. I'm kind of in the same boat. I left for a year or two and now I'm back and craving Centruroides sp.

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ya i hear that this time i just going to have a breeding pair and not get all out of control like i did lol it was cool but i just could not move them so now ill just breed some hear and there and sell them and breath some life back into the hobby with some cool scorps.