Getting back in the T game

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
So I've had a few tarantulas in my lifetime. I had a couple when I was in high school, don't remember the exact species but they were one of the generic pet store varieties (rose hair maybe?). I also knew nothing about their care since the internet was still in its infancy and I was a careless high school kid. Then about 10 years ago I got an A. versicolor. He was beautiful to look at, but very skittish and sprayed poop on my wife whenever he saw her. Since then I switched over to scorpions and have been keeping them for the past 10 years.

I am thinking now of getting another tarantula again, but stuck as to which kind. My main priorities are docile>interesting to look at (not a big fan of plain brown)>decently available>cost, in that order. Of course that would probably mean I'm sticking with the new world species, but that still leaves a whole lot of selections.

Browsing the web these caught my eye, but I don't really know anything about their demeanor aside from the notes on the page.
Brachypelma emilia
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachypelma vagans
Grammostola pulchra (seems to be on the expensive side though)
Nhandu coloratovillosus

I'll be going to a reptile show next month that usually has a pretty good selection so I'd like to go prepared.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
So I've had a few tarantulas in my lifetime. I had a couple when I was in high school, don't remember the exact species but they were one of the generic pet store varieties (rose hair maybe?). I also knew nothing about their care since the internet was still in its infancy and I was a careless high school kid. Then about 10 years ago I got an A. versicolor. He was beautiful to look at, but very skittish and sprayed poop on my wife whenever he saw her. Since then I switched over to scorpions and have been keeping them for the past 10 years.

I am thinking now of getting another tarantula again, but stuck as to which kind. My main priorities are docile>interesting to look at (not a big fan of plain brown)>decently available>cost, in that order. Of course that would probably mean I'm sticking with the new world species, but that still leaves a whole lot of selections.

Browsing the web these caught my eye, but I don't really know anything about their demeanor aside from the notes on the page.
Brachypelma emilia
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachypelma vagans
Grammostola pulchra (seems to be on the expensive side though)
Nhandu coloratovillosus

I'll be going to a reptile show next month that usually has a pretty good selection so I'd like to go prepared.
If your serious about getting back into it, get an Aphonopelma chalcodes. Docile, Hardy and beautiful. Iv heard stories of people having defensive ones but rarely. Make sure you DO YOUR RESEARCH. (Your in the right place to do so)

Great list. Good luck man.