Getting a5in H franzwerneri

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I don't have raudus but I have Transvaalicus and yes they are desert type. Schlecteris are nice too I know he has a few

Stugy

Arachnolord
Thinking of getting a Parabuthus raudus from him. Any experience with these guys? Looks like a desert species like my Hadrurus arizonensis.
I don't have a raudus but I a sure that all Parabuthus have very similar needs. I have a Parabuthus schlecteri currently. If you do end up getting a Parabuthus make sure it can dig and make a burrow. I use ArachnoDrew's kind of mixture (clay, sand, eco earth) and my Lil' schlecteri loves it.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Got a pic of your schlecteri? I was sooooo close to buying one. But i got jayakari instead

Stugy

Arachnolord
IMG_0068.JPG This is a somewhat old pic but (s)he looks exactly the same (hadn't molted yet). The substrate in the pic is pure excavator clay (my mistake) but it has since been replaced with the glorious "DrewMix" as I call it :D

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
BEEFY lol going to pop any day im sure. Yes that clay looks rrrrrrrough. Haha the drewmix I'm sure thousands tired it before me but I didn't see anyone use it on here. I started sharing it and new people started trying it

Kayv

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thinking of getting a Parabuthus raudus from him. Any experience with these guys? Looks like a desert species like my Hadrurus arizonensis.
They like to burrow. I keep mine of a mix of sand and zoomed excavator sand.

Stugy

Arachnolord
BEEFY lol going to pop any day im sure. Yes that clay looks rrrrrrrough. Haha the drewmix I'm sure thousands tired it before me but I didn't see anyone use it on here. I started sharing it and new people started trying it
She's been that fat ever since I got her (I think in September?).

spidermom62

Arachnopeon
I don't have a raudus but I a sure that all Parabuthus have very similar needs. I have a Parabuthus schlecteri currently. If you do end up getting a Parabuthus make sure it can dig and make a burrow. I use ArachnoDrew's kind of mixture (clay, sand, eco earth) and my Lil' schlecteri loves it.
Okay. Ya I use play sand and excavator clay for my H arizonensis. I also buried down some paper towel rolls for tunnels. She loves them. And has made her own tunnels as well. :)

Stugy

Arachnolord
Okay. Ya I use play sand and excavator clay for my H arizonensis. I also buried down some paper towel rolls for tunnels. She loves them. And has made her own tunnels as well. :)
Wow I would've never thought of the paper towel rolls!

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Not recommended unless stays 100% dry. Any moisture will mold the thin cardboard rolls. Just a heads up.. You can create your own burrow s before hand using balloons to mold them. Then just pop the balloons and remove

Stugy

Arachnolord
Not recommended unless stays 100% dry. Any moisture will mold the thin cardboard rolls. Just a heads up.. You can create your own burrow s before hand using balloons to mold them. Then just pop the balloons and remove
That was rather obvious. I was thinking of using them to hold the substrate in place until it is dry then removing them xD

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
That was rather obvious. I was thinking of using them to hold the substrate in place until it is dry then removing them xD
Got u lol. You would be surprised with the crap people use to house there scorps. The balloons method works cool. Got it off a diy leopard gecko setup

Stugy

Arachnolord
Got u lol. You would be surprised with the crap people use to house there scorps. The balloons method works cool. Got it off a diy leopard gecko setup
I purchase my Excavator clay in a kit so it came with a pale, balloons, and a cardboard roll (the sturdy cardboard :))

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
Actually just grabbed 3 of those as well lol
IMG_0444.JPG Pretty much what they are saying they're just like other desert species. Sand clay substrate like your H.arizonensis

spidermom62

Arachnopeon
Well my H arizonensis stays completely dry so I don't have any mold issues with them. She did dig one out so it's open at both ends but the other one is still buried. Been like that for over a year. :)

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Nice lol I like the kit for the reptiles not so much scorps . The 1 time I made a burrow for my desert hairy. He never used it and created his own spot lol