Getting a Psalmopoeus irminia!!

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
The petshop just called me and gave me a list of what they could order and they were able to get #3 on my list a 2" Psalmopoeus irminia (Suntiger). I am so excited only costing me $40 Canadian which I class as not too bad... acouple others that were lower on my list were $120. Anyways I am very excited so wanted to post it!

Peace

TheDon

Slide

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hate you. ;P

It's going to be a seriously long time before I can justify the cost of a P.irminia to the Significant Other (aka She Who Keeps Me Out of Debt)

That's been on the top of my list for awhile, though. Absolutely gorgeous Ts, IMO.

Congrats! Send some pics when you pick her up! =D

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Will do for sure... I hope shes a beauty!!
when the call came in i was almost jumping off the walls
I was just happy that they had atleast one on my list that I gave them. Turns out they had like 3. But not the one I was really hoping to get which was the Avic. Versicolor but oh well I think the Suntiger will be an amazing addition

TheDon

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You will love the Suntiger. They are so pretty and such good eaters. I have two juvies, and one sub-adult.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
awesome... the one that I will be getting will be 2" and hopefully a female I cant wait

TheDon

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey TheDon,

Great T you got coming to you. That one is on my list to get too. I saw one the other day at a pet shop I frequent, but decided to wait since I just got an A. aurantiaca from Miwest Art. I would like to get both a P. irminia and a P. cambridgei. Have fun with your new T.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm going to be getting an Aphonopelma bicoloratum which cost me a whopping 95 dollars American. That's alot of money for me. I think I need to start chilling out here.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Here's what you can expect if yours turns out to be a female. Check out my recently mature P.irminia.

http://www.arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5363&highlight=kugellager

I have recently mated her with a mature male that an acquaintence gave me recently...the pic of the male is further down in the above thread. Both adults are about 5.25 inches across. The 1st mating looked successful. The second time around I kept the male in with the female for over a week...didn't observe mating but there was plenty of time for a second go at it. They are definitely a cool spider to keep but only active at night(At least mine are )

I also have a 2" P.reduncus.

John
];')

Last edited:

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You will love it I have a 2" P.irminia ,they are beutiful. You should try to get a P.cambridgei they are stunning

Doug

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My freshly moulted tiny little Suntiger

One of my fave T's. :)

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
The P.cambridgei was also on my list in spot #4 right after The P. Irminia actually but the petstore wasnt able to get one in. Maybe in the future. well anyways im headin to the petstore in less than an hour to order my Suntiger =) oh and a quick question what size of home should I give my 2" irminia when it comes in? I am buying a good sized aquarium today when I order but im pretty sure it will be too big for a 2" I will get the dimensions of it when I get back home.

Peace

TheDon

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Slide, Dont hate TheDon. You can get a 1" sling from Todd Gearheart for $17. LOL

Congrats on the new addition TheDon. Bet it'll be a real beauty.

Ali

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

just curious what is your # 1 and 2 most wanted sling?, yeah i need a suntiger female too:) would be an awesome aboreal--Jeff

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
My #1 was an Avicularia Versicolor and #2 was a Heteroscodra Maculate (Togo Starburst) but I was warned about them so I think now the Suntiger is my #2 a couple others on my list were at #4 Trinidad Chevron #5 Indian Ornamental, Mexican Red Knee, Cobalt Blue and Giant White Knee. Those are a few that I gave to the petstore to see if they could get me any of those an dthe irminia was the highest on my list... I went today and paid for it and should be getting it this Friday yay!!

peace

TheDon

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just wondering what you were told about the Togo starburst?
Do you know the facts on the P. irminia also?

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was contemplating it but I have to refuse buying one. I just have too many Tarantulas as it is. I think my Apartment Complex Foremen would have a fit if they knew what I owned.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Well with the Togo Starburst I was warned that their venom is more toxic than most and are very aggresive as well as the rest of the Ornamentals. From the bite reports I have read most people get pretty sick from being bitten by ornamentals.

Not sure about bits from an Irminia but what the heck maybe I will be the next to write a bite report on one :8o but hopefully not. I am usually very careful but here is a caresheet for the Suntiger http://www.arachnopets.com/tarantulas/tcaresheets/pirminiac.htm

other than that I have no idea but when I get one and get a little more experienced with it I will be able to help a little more.

peace

TheDon

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
The bite from an adult is reportedly on the nasty side. Their temperment is also supposed to be skittish and fast but I have yet to see this in my female. My male is much more likely to have skittish episodes and when he does he can haul ass!

John
];')

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
I hear they are lookers but don't expect to see it much.

I received a 1/2" sling in early February and it immediately created a dense tunnel-like web. For two months the only way I knew it was still alive was the fact that crickets kept disappearing (and then reappearing as little balls of goo in the corners of the enclosure) and the two molts that were neatly deposited in the corners. I finally opened the webbing enough to see it earlier this month (after a molt appeared) and it had grown to about 1 1/2". Fast growth indeed. Also, apparently it just molted again over the last couple of days (another molt in the corner) so I will give it a couple of days before I peek in and try to get a measurement.

Maybe I'll see it more when it becomes a juve.

Good luck with yours.

J

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Yeah they are very fast growers. My female grew from a 3/4 inch sling last January to a 5 1/4 inch Mature adult by the beginning of this January.

John
];')