getting a new t

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i just got my first tarantula a few months ago, and i decided that im going to get another. since i own a g. rosea, i decided on getting a G. aureostriata. how much space will it need when its full grown?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Full grown??? If you are going to keep the number of Ts you have down then I'd get a 10 gallon. If you plan on going crazy like some of us on the board a large KK or a 5 gal will work.
10gal will let you do some decorating and customizing. Thats always fun to. I do that with my larger Ts that I dont ever plan on selling.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well if you get it while its a sling or juvie, just some small container or 2.5 gallon tank. When it is full grown use a 5 gallon tank or a 10 gallon tank, especially if you like viewing your Ts. Either will be fine. If your gonna get alot more Ts, you can use plastic shoe boxes and other containers.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks. i just got into t's awhile back so i still have some things to learn.lol

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, you have to keep slings in very small containers, so unless you're getting an adult straight off, you've got a few years before you need to go pick up another 10g. :)

Mine lived in a deli cup for a while, then I moved it into the smallest size critter keeper many months ago. After another couple molts--which at this rate might be next year {D --it'll need something bigger, probably.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I use the critter cages also, when you have a lot of T's the help keep housing costs down.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
don't the critter keepers let kicked hairs out though? i mean, when they kick hairs, wont they go through the air slots?

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry about urticating hairs getting out of a KK, especially if you want a G. aureo. Besides, if your T is going to have ventilation, then there is always going to be a chance that hairs will get out.