Getting a Chilobrachys and need some help

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone,

Sunday I'll be picking up a Chilobrachys sp. Blue and I got a couple of questions.

1st, is the C. sp blue the same as C. Discolus blue/vietnam blue, just another "common"name that makes things confusing?

2nd, the T is a sexed female with a +/- 3 cm (1.2 inch) body lenght and I was busy to get her enclosure ready but I find different info on different sites, should the substrate be moist or dry?

I have no experience with this species yet and I rather get my info on this matter from people that have experience with this species then just some random care sheet.

Thanks,
Andrew

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
You'll need deep substrate for these guys and keep the substrate damp. Mine usually can be seen by the entrance of their hole but the slightest disturbance and they'll bolt underground. They are a quick T and their venom are quite potent so be calm but cautious like with other old world Ts.

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
Great, thanks a lot!

Now I can finish the enclosure and have it ready for the T when I come home from the expo. Yeah I have seen they are fast but I got about 2 years experience with a crazy OBT so i guess that counts for something, or atleast I hope :D
I am also picking up 5 M. Balfouri slings for a communal set up and probably will buy a couple more T's :D :D

still would like to know if the Chilobrachys sp. Blue is the same as Chilobrachys Discolus Blue / Vietnam Blue

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
post a pic of the cage if youre at all unsure of your set up. thats the best way to make sure youre good to go.
not sure on the sp. thing, i would assume yes though.

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
hey, yeah still nbeed to do the enclosure as I was not suire about the substrate, but I amn pretty sure about the rest.

I will give her some cork bark and start a burrow under it, and place some fake plants she can use as "anchor points" for her webs as I understand they are heavy webbers

and about the name, I also assumed it was/is the same but just to be sure I'll ask him sunday, he showed me a pic of the female that layed the sac this girl comes from andf I just had to get her espacially because she is a sexed female and the guy I am getting her from is a good respected breeder here in the Netherlands and in Germany till some extend

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
still would like to know if the Chilobrachys sp. Blue is the same as Chilobrachys Discolus Blue / Vietnam Blue
Chilbrachys sp. "Electric Blue" is different from Chilobrachys dyscolus. However, I'm unsure what the guy means by "Chilobrachys sp. "Blue"... Lol

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
hey, yeah still nbeed to do the enclosure as I was not suire about the substrate, but I amn pretty sure about the rest.

I will give her some cork bark and start a burrow under it, and place some fake plants she can use as "anchor points" for her webs as I understand they are heavy webbers

and about the name, I also assumed it was/is the same but just to be sure I'll ask him sunday, he showed me a pic of the female that layed the sac this girl comes from andf I just had to get her espacially because she is a sexed female and the guy I am getting her from is a good respected breeder here in the Netherlands and in Germany till some extend
add plenty of web anchor points, it'll end up looking pretty cool. :cool:

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
I'd guess it's blue vietnam. I saw them sold as Chilobrachys sp. blue a couple of times. Try contacting the breeder tho

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
They are a joy to keep and IMO by far better than other Asian absurd priced pet holes.

creepa

Arachnoknight
Chilobrachys sp. blue and Vietnam blue is the same species...

I am going to the same expo to sell some Selenocosmia crassipes slings and buy myself a subadult female Haploclastus nilgirinus...:D

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
I'd like to thank everyone that replied and gave answers to my questions and some extra info!