Geriatric leopard gecko

Lain

Arachnopeon
Hi guys! You have always been so helpful about my invert questions... so now I have one about my senior leo...

He is about 19 years old and stopped eating about a month or so ago. He has gone off food in the past, but never this long. I keep trying different things, he will approach then turn his nose up at it. I've been "force" feeding him some repashy leo mix every few days so see if it will spark his appetite, with no luck. He still has a good size tail, but is thinning (he was probably closer to overweight before lol) and his spine is noticeable... guessing that might be muscle loss due to age...He still active, but not as much as he once was. And still shedding every few weeks..

I know he's probably on borrowed time at his age, but I'm not ready. Any thoughts??? 20200406_212149.jpg

PomPom

Arachnopeon
How is he now? Have you been keeping a record of his weight with a kitchen scale? My gecko is female and will go months without eating due to ovulation/brumation. Her appetite has just now come back after her fast started in around late December and the last time she did this her appetite came back on June 1st.