Genus Opistophthalmus

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does anybody have any info about the care and venom of these african scorps? They seam pretty interesting. ~ Rex

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have you tried searching this board? There should be some from a while ago...

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, I did try to search the board, but didn't find much. ~ Rex

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very cool scorps, you should definitely get some
Ahh, they aint that cool..unless of course you like looking at a burrow entrance for months on end without any signs of life.

Having never been stung by my boehmi or walbergii i can't help you out with the toxicity of their venom however with regards to keeping them they are pretty easy.
I use a 50/50 mix of sand and damp cocopeat as substrate which is compacted and allowed to dry.
Humidity hovers around the 50% mark and temps are in the high 20's.
They eat very infrequently and will rather wait for something to wander down their burrow instead of coming out on the prowl.
They moult in their burrows so it's hard to keep tabs on their development and they grow very slowly.

If you think emps are boring then you won't be impressed by these either....IMO.;)

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ahh, they aint that cool..unless of course you like looking at a burrow entrance for months on end without any signs of life.

If you think emps are boring then you won't be impressed by these either....IMO.;)
Cool is in the eye of the beholder, but Rigelus has a point in that they are called burrowing scorpions for a reason.
They might seem boring, but I still think they are cool:D