Genus Linothele

Twentytwenty

Arachnosquire
I've never seen or heard of these spiders before, but they are awesome looking. Especially those in the OP, their metallic setae looks beautiful.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Linothele megatheloides adult female.

Linothele fallaxAdult female.

Later, Tom

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Linothele fallax ultimate male,excited to get a shot a mating these :D

later, Tom

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tom I'm amazed that you can get these beauties in a position to photograph them. The only time that any of my Linothele are "in the open" is when they're snagging a meal. Thanks for the nice photos!!

David

Tomek

Arachnopeon
That adult L. fallax male is stunning!

My Linothele fallax and L. megatheloides are almost always in sight in evening and night, L. curvitarsis is more 'shy'. Same with feeding. First 2 species run out and catch, L. curvitarsis is more rare to see them catch something.

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Linothele megatheloides. Growing, growing. Legspan is approaching 2".

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
L. megatheloides, fresh molted from a few days back. Up to a little over 2", and looking really, really nice. Need to setup a new tank for this one soon.

Last edited:

Maximoshtenberg

Arachnopeon
I just picked up a Megatheloides sling the other day. These pictures are getting me pretty pumped for the little guy to get bigger!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Molts always bring back memories of a former girlfriend getting out of her designer clothes after falling into the river. Even included her laying on her back on the floor making it easy to imagine her in her web.

Nice video.

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
L. megatheloides - spider from the molt video I posted earlier, getting settled into a new home and enjoying some nibbles.