Genus Hapalopus

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I give mine a bit of substrate as well, and they just seem to dig a bit of a hole. I wouldn't call it a burrow, just sort of an indent along the side of the dirt. Most of the time they are out.
Mine does the same thing, it's always out in the open with just a little indent of a burrow type thing. Lots of webbing though.

Obli

Arachnopeon
Hapalopus sp. Columbia "big"

[youtube]BFBIGzAkHZM[/youtube]

Hapalopus triseriatus "lowland"

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Thank you, Tomku! : )

Egg-sack after 2,5 weeks!

They're fast with the egg sacs aren't they?! I would have to go back in my records to know the exact length of time, but my female was also only a few weeks between pairing (only one pairing too), and egg sac. :) Good luck.

Obli

Arachnopeon
It's triseriatus or "lowland". (don't know if you name only sp. Columbia as 'pumpkin patch')

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thread should continue now that they're so common.

Female Hapalopus sp. "Colombia large"

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
IMG_2661.JPG Well it's been a while, so I will add a pic of my tiny Hapalopus sp. "Columbia" small. I assume it is. Was labeled as "Dwarf Pumkin Patch". Here it is feeding on a Elliptorhina javanica nymph. It took 24 hours for her to finish it.

ResinBomb

Arachnopeon
20220506_154248.jpg 20220506_154223.jpg
Hap. Columbia Lrg.
Mine finally buried itself for promotion. Looking a little chubby.

Delbert McClintock

Arachnopeon
I just received one of these in the mail today. The little feller already took down a pinhead Cricket. This little Hapalopus bolted as soon as I took it out of its vial, so I took the picture before housing it.

Attachments