Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Genus Dolomedes

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by syndicate, Jun 10, 2007.

1. cogmonkey17

cogmonkey17 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Wild Dolomedes spp.

probably tenebrosus

[​IMG]

NOTE:
    These are not wild, just an up close photo of my CB D. tenebrosus that i released

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  2. i have both D.tenbrosus and scriptus in my area. the way i tell the difference that was taught to me by a Misouri entomologist was tenebrosus are darker and scriptus have the same patterns but lighter and grayish almost white. also the individuals that i have found seem to be slightly smaller and a tad less aquatic.

3. bhoeschcod

bhoeschcod Arachnobaron Old Timer

can
    thanks for the care sheet:)

4. Dolomedes okefinokensis

My female Dolomedes Okefinokensis. And carolina wolfs.

Attached Files:

5. I recently (about two months ago), found and captured a Dolomedes Tenebrosus (Dark Fishing Spider). She laid an egg sac about three weeks ago. Does anyone know how long it takes for the sac to hatch? Also when will she put it down? lol, she has not even tried to make a nursery web yet. I changed her habitat yesterday, hoping more sticks and hidey holes would prompt her to find somewhere safe to put it down. Also, what should I do with it. My roomates would not be happy if they hatched while I was at work one day (her Terrarium has holes in the top that the little guys could fit through.) I kinda want to keep three to see if I could raise them but I don't want any getting loose in the house. Any suggestions? I'll post pics of her later. :)

6. BlueEther

BlueEther Arachnopeon

I stumbled across this thread and thought I would necromance it with a couple of wild spiders. I'm thinking of keeping maybe a D. aquaticus in the coming year.
    a small D. aquaticus in almost still peat stream on a walkway
    [​IMG]

Large D. aquaticus
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

another D. aquaticus
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

D. dondalei (only formally described in 2010)
    [​IMG]

another D. dondalei (the net is about 160mm across - 6 in)
    [​IMG]

Typical D. dondalei habitat
    [​IMG]

Typical D. dondalei and D. aquaticus habitat
    [​IMG]

More typical D. aquaticus habitat
    [​IMG]

D. aquaticus prefer open stream/rivers but there is some crossover

Full sized images can be found here:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/113298704761943818357/albums/5861772068505312881

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.