Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Anyone got pics of H anax, or have i missed them already? I noticed that species mentioned a lot in Schulz's book but no pic in the book of one!

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You must mean H. minax, as there are no H. anax. Here's a picture of a nice big female from northern Thailand:

Regards
Søren

Doezsha

Arachnolord
Old Timer
sweet pics I love your Haplopelma albostriatum, its a must that I add one or two to my collection.

BEN-V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cyriopagopus schioedtei, female & sac :

Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" or sp. "violaceopes", adult female :

BR,

BEN

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

i'm glad this turned out well, i had to remove the lid to take it :eek: but check out those colors :drool:

Last edited:

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
VERY nice coloration. And it's only 2.5"???? Crazy, mines pushing 3". I'm assuming after this next molt, she'll be blue. The last one gave her a little blue.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ben that is a beautiful C. sp blue do adult females usually look that vibrant? Ive seen quite a few pictures but yours is definately one of the nicest looking I have ever seen.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is my most recent Cyrio aquisation

Got this one at BTS lectures

This is my original one, Shes the oldest of them, bigger and stockier..notably darker blues too

I actually have 5 singa 'blue' siblings housed together, sudying the interaction and sociability of this species.
Alls going very well so far, they have made one communal web and co-habit that

Last edited:

Seigneur Veinen

Arachnopeon
Haplopelma haïnanum, young female :

Haplopelma haïnanum, adult female pre-moult :

Haplopelma schmidti gold form, adult female :

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is my most recent Cyrio aquisation
is there anyone that knows why my ad fem cyrio has the circular patches by the eyes, my other 2 dont have it, and i have to see another pic with it.
probably not, but anywho, worth a question

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's an age sign that typically shows in large adults and is a sign of molting difficulties, probably due to age or size or deteriorating metabolism, but could also be stress related.

Regards
Søren

is there anyone that knows why my ad fem cyrio has the circular patches by the eyes, my other 2 dont have it, and i have to see another pic with it.
probably not, but anywho, worth a question

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ahh, nice one Soren,
AS far as i understand, its WC, and is an old specimen, shes VERY stocky, and a good inch or two bigger than the others. Colour is notabley darker too.
Will be a real shame when the enevitable demise comes..

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Death come to all living sooner or later ;-) Just enjoy her while you can. I suspect Cyriopagopus sp. "Blue" to be relatively short-lived. Usually slow maturing species tend to have long life's and fast developing species short lifespans. With this species the maturation is very fast (males often mature within a year) so maybe they live even shorter time as adults than for instance Avicularia (another relatively fast developing and short lived arboreal).

Regards
Søren

Ahh, nice one Soren,
AS far as i understand, its WC, and is an old specimen, shes VERY stocky, and a good inch or two bigger than the others. Colour is notabley darker too.
Will be a real shame when the enevitable demise comes..