Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey Molitor how long have you had your sling? Only reason I ask is I kind of remember getting my "blue" right around the same time you got your's but mine seems to be growing alot slower :(

How many molts has it had with you? Mine only has had one that I know of (i found the molt torn up but i was able to discern little legs in it so I know for sure it molted at least once).

Only other thing is maybe your feeding it more? I only feed mine 2 small crickets a week, as I dont want to overfeed.

Ill try and get some pictures once it does come out of its little burrow!

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i got her June 17 last year and she's molted either two or three times. i'm actually worried that i'm not feeding her enough, since the last time i was at Megapets, another "blue" from the same brood was at least an inch larger than her. then again, it's pretty safe to see that mine's due for a hell of a growth spurt.

i don't really pay too much attention to feeding schedules, but it's definitely infrequent, especially in the colder weather we've been having. the only reason she's so fat now is because i fed her a large cricket that i would usually give to my P. cancerides. since smalls, mediums and larges cost the same at the store i go to, i figure that doing so just saves money.

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm lucky. My lividum sits out of her burrow like this all the time. If the lid is opened carefully she won't run and hide in her burrow. Enjoy!

Hey what kind of contaier are you using in this pic, I'd love to have some containers like that.

Apophis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Indeed great pictures Szymon!
Great character too ;) Just like my C. schioedtei

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Does anyone have a really picture of my Fav Haplopema species

H. Minax in adult female form? would love to see that, to much lividum for me cobolts are cool but Minax are awsome.

whats the largest of the Haplopema??
Yep!
Haplopelma minax, Adult female

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Haplopelma albostriatum
Adult female - 4"

Haplopelma lividum
Adult female - 4"

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

Male Haplopelma schmidti one week before its last molt:

and the same specimen one week after the molt:

Cheers,
Tom

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok thanks larkin i asked because i have two of these gold form and woundered how big or small the males might be after matureing thanks chris....