Genus Cupiennius

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Wow, nice pics everyone! I keep forgetting that I want one of these until I stumble across a thread about them :(

Raikiri

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

C. getazi mating

female with eggsac

the first explorer

who was followed pretty soon; hundreds of slings in each corner

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
who was followed pretty soon; hundreds of slings in each corner
How do you go about seperating them now? When I had some huntsman sp. hatch they were running mad all over the place when I took the lid off. Great pics !

Later, Tom

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is the lifespan of these spiders? Botar had some last year and I am kicking myself for not picking them up.

Raikiri

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How do you go about seperating them now? When I had some huntsman sp. hatch they were running mad all over the place when I took the lid off.
Well.. just one touch on the box and they start running crazy. To make matters worse thousands of silks are attached to the lid, so it's kinda impossible without invasion. Perhaps tomorrow or at the weekend I'll ask my girlfriend to help me.

Great pics !
Thanks! :)

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
those are amazing pics.
i wish you were in the states i would love to raise a few of these.
congrats
andy

Raikiri

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
those are amazing pics.
i wish you were in the states i would love to raise a few of these.
congrats
andy
Thanks for You, too! Neither I fecundated the female, nor I gave them birth, but I'll forward the congratulation to the proud parents :)

Edit: Sorry David, I missed your question. Lifespan depends on temperature, quality and quantity of food, condition, etc. but normally I would say 1,5 years for a male and 2 years or maybe a bit more for females.

Last edited:

Erigo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cupiennius salei (2.5cm Body length)

Male

Female (2.5 cm body length)

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
believe me i am not looking forward to it.
i will this weekend.
andy
I usually don't mind if my spiders get out for a little run when I open their boxes and start hussling for the roaches. It's no big deal getting them in again, a minute or two of pointing them in the wright direction. One can always use the extra experience for the more potent species. One thing should be said though, one of my female(?) C. Cocc took a walk the other day, and it was long ago I last saw a spider nail the forceps that many times. So....No fingers.