General M.martensii care

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I did a search on caring for this specie and didn't help much...so I guess if someone can give a general caring guide it would be great. You know, general things like how often to mist, water dish, do they need something to burrow into or just hide under a piece of cork, etc. thanks guys.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
definitely not a desert type species, so mist more often than desert requires. mine do fine with hides only, none have seemed to burrow.

i don't have waterdishes

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep mine with a waterdish, which I overflow slightly about once every two weeks to increase humidity. I feed them about once a week.
My substrate is about 70-30 sand/peat. I have it about 2" deep, but they prefer to dig shallow scrapes under their cork or hang around upside down on raised peices. You can use cork bark, I am going to try a broken terra-cotta pot as I am told they will love that as well.

icefish

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
你养M martensii? 我有不少现在!!我用沙和peat混合做底材,但一个water bowl非常重要,我一般不mist他们!!!在中国,野生的mm都喜欢在石头下面,不是湿润的环境!!!所以我觉得不需要太湿!!!!!希望能help u out!!!

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I keep mine with a waterdish, which I overflow slightly about once every two weeks to increase humidity. I feed them about once a week.
My substrate is about 70-30 sand/peat. I have it about 2" deep, but they prefer to dig shallow scrapes under their cork or hang around upside down on raised peices. You can use cork bark, I am going to try a broken terra-cotta pot as I am told they will love that as well.
same here. I kinda figured it out on my own by research but they do seem to really like water.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
你养M martensii? 我有不少现在!!我用沙和peat混合做底材,但一个water bowl非常重要,我一般不mist他们!!!在中国,野生的mm都喜欢在石头下面,不是湿润的环境!!!所以我觉得不需要太湿!!!!!希望能help u out!!!
first reply written in Chinese i've ever got...thanks