General lifespan of Mature Males?

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
My t. Vagans recently matured and tbh I’m still confused as far as longevity goes for mature males. Originally I thought i had more time with him as he's still really small and intended to trade him or give him away to a breeder at some point in person at a show. However due to the current situation that’s obviously not happening for a bit. So how long generally do mature males under the tilocotl genus live for?

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
It will vary I would Imagine, my GBB matured and about 6 months later died

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
It really depends on the species. Some of the slower-growing ones can live a few years even after maturing. For faster growing species, it's much shorter...maybe 6 months to a year. There are a lot of variables. Access to fresh water is very important for these guys.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
It really depends on the species. Some of the slower-growing ones can live a few years even after maturing. For faster growing species, it's much shorter...maybe 6 months to a year. There are a lot of variables. Access to fresh water is very important for these guys.
Alright thanks :,) I think imma just wait it out for a bit and keep givin him access to water and occasional food items and if there's no news on any shows ill try and figure out classifieds

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Depends on species, I had an MM Holothele sp. "Dominican Republic" (hobby H. sericea/S. sericeus) that died about 2 months after maturing whereas other keepers on here have had MM Brachys/Grammos live for more than 4 years after maturing.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
It depends not only about the species but also, the individual. For example, I've seen mature males T. vagans and T. albopilosus living more than a year, as living for 5 month.
Alright in that case I’ll try to get that active status sooner than later to access class fields lol

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
I got a T.vagans going on about 1.5 years post hook out. Looks pretty haggard, but still alive.