Gender affects feeding aggressivness?

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just an observation.

I've had the misfortune of a larger percentile of males. Especially those that I've only got one specimen of. I realise that that particular fact makes it hard for me to compare genders, but still, all my favorite spiders has turned out male so far.

And what made those spiders my favorites? The fact that they had an insatiable hunger, and would attack relentlessly. Even run after and pounce if they were newly molted.

I also have some slings/juvies that I've observed from tiny size up to now various sizes. Including four parahybanas and some P. Chordatus. The male or suspected males (based on leginess, record of molts and sometimes exuvium) are definetly more aggressive feeders in my opinion.

Why? Perhaps the fact that they grow quicker, molt quicker and need the fast energy to attain maximum size and strength before going nuts after females.

What's your experience on this matter?

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just an observation.

I've had the misfortune of a larger percentile of males. Especially those that I've only got one specimen of. I realise that that particular fact makes it hard for me to compare genders, but still, all my favorite spiders has turned out male so far.

And what made those spiders my favorites? The fact that they had an insatiable hunger, and would attack relentlessly. Even run after and pounce if they were newly molted.

I also have some slings/juvies that I've observed from tiny size up to now various sizes. Including four parahybanas and some P. Chordatus. The male or suspected males (based on leginess, record of molts and sometimes exuvium) are definetly more aggressive feeders in my opinion.

Why? Perhaps the fact that they grow quicker, molt quicker and need the fast energy to attain maximum size and strength before going nuts after females.

What's your experience on this matter?
ive had my fiar share of both males and females. i havent noticed a difference IME in feeding responses between the two sexes.

epr0gress

Arachnopeon
Roger that. Any other reflections on the matter out there?
Check this out!
I noticed this on geniculata and parahibana
Males:small abdomen,not so hungry and not agressive at all
Females:big abdomen,very hungry and somehow agressive...

I hope i don`t make the same mistake like you,to belive that my T`s are females and they are not...
Sincerly i`m afraid to check :)))