Gel Water?

Madalyn

Arachnopeon
Everywhere I've read tells me that Scorps need a shallow dish of water, but I saw on some video that you can give them Gelled Water, like I give to my Crix. Will a Scorp really want to drink this? I'm doubting it. I'm guessing they prefer actual liquid water! What do you think?

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm thinking that those can be good for dessert species that dont drink a lot of water and they probably just like the little moisture you get from them. But as far as other species goes they like to sumberge themselves in water and use it to clean themselves too.

Madalyn

Arachnopeon
That's what I thought, I'm sure my scorp is alot happier with water, I didn't think Gel was a good idea from seeing that video, it seems the lazy way out.

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with abyss, the scorps I have that actually use the water dish like to soak/clean in it as well as drink from it, so I don't think gel would be a good idea. I'm not sure about desert species and such but personally I still wouldn't do it.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i've tried it with Lq's and removed after an hour. Believe it or not they did drink from it. Still a few drop on the side of the tank would of had the same effect.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In my opinion you are doing it right, use it for your crix. :) The question if they drink from the gel or not is not nearly as important as the fact that they drink well from waterdishes, or bottlecaps or droplets on the sides of an enclosure. I use it only for my crickets, but that´s just my method offcourse.