Geckocamo

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's actually not a half bad attempt by the gecko, especially being caught out in the open like that.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
It's interesting that the tokay coloration emulates the lichen commonly found throughout their range. On gray tree trunks they can be very hard to spot.

basin79

ArachnoGod
It's interesting that the tokay coloration emulates the lichen commonly found throughout their range. On gray tree trunks they can be very hard to spot.
Do they tend to stay in their "dull" state in the wild or do they brighten up as well? My male will often be dull in the morning but then brightens up.

The Snark

Old Timer
Do they tend to stay in their "dull" state in the wild or do they brighten up as well? My male will often be dull in the morning but then brightens up.
Coloration you mean. Now that you mention it, they seem more vivid, vibrant at night. Also, the males are quite a bit more vivid when they get in fights during mating season. And my wife has pointed out 'that's a female, that's a male' going by coloration... and life long familiarity with them. Getting a straight answer out of her when it comes to animals is like pulling hens teeth. Hilltribe people don't study animals and their traits; their knowledge is more innate.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
That's a monstrous female! (a guess based on structure) Looks to be 10-12 inches? She would go great with my big boy Dahmer..I'll take her, How much is shipping from Thailand? :rofl:

This is Dahmer btw 20200325_131858.jpg

The Snark

Old Timer
That's a monstrous female! (a guess based on structure) Looks to be 10-12 inches?
Around 1 3/4" at her tummy, a little over 10" long.
She would go great with my big boy Dahmer..I'll take her,
He's a porky! Exercise time!
How much is shipping from Thailand?
Figure around $5,000 to $10,000. Animal keepers license, export license, police inspection of premises, quarantine/health inspection fees, bribes, kickbacks, plus shipping. o_O

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Around 1 3/4" at her tummy, a little over 10" long.

He's a porky! Exercise time!

Figure around $5,000 to $10,000. Animal keepers license, export license, police inspection of premises, quarantine/health inspection fees, bribes, kickbacks, plus shipping. o_O
He's getting plenty of exercise he just got put in with the second of three females! He's a lucky guy! Yea it's cheaper buying a organ from overseas then shipping herps. Lol..but Honestly I would much rather see that girl stay just where she is, we have plenty of stock here in the states and they are already cites 2 no need to keep collecting from the wild..