GBB's and pinkies?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I was talking to swift a few weeks ago and I asked him if it was ok to feed my GBB a pinkie and he said yeah it would be ok but he doesn't think it would take it. He said that they aren't real pinkie eaters and more times than not they won't take it. Has anyone tried it and how did they respond? Thanks, Trey

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Haven't tried it but would refrain feeding a medium-sized tarantula a pinkie.

And dietarily speaking no spider requires a rodent.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My husband occasionally feeds our bigger T's a pinkie right after they moult. My male GBB and my male genic moulted on the same day and after they dried my husband warmed up a day old mouse pinkie for the genic. He did not want it. So he offered it to the GBB, who grabbed it and ate the entire thing.
That was the only time he ever ate one, but he was post moult and big by then, that was his last moult before maturity.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Trey,
I highly recommend sticking with crickets and roaches. Some of the larger species will take small mice but I promise you will regret doing this as the mess it will make is awful!
You have been feeding crix or other insects and remember if something works, dont fix it

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Only feed pinkies to large birdeater types because simply it is a nice gut load of food rather than ten dozen crickets. Hearty and abdomen expanding.

But it can be gross having a mammalian bolus instead of a roach or cricket bolus. And the adult T. Blondi I once owned enjoyed making a mess outta them.