Gbb?

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
On a prior thread I explained that my C. cyaneopubescens had isolated himself in a cocoon-like structure after rehousing it to a 2.5 gl. I was advised to leave it alone. I did, and finally saw it out in the open like this. During my wait, it has molted during its isolation and has emerged with hooks and huge, swollen "boxing gloves". Is this possible, since I just bought him last July as a sling? He's been eating like a horse since I got him until this molt. He seems to stay in his "cocoon" during the day and "patrols" the tank during nightime. Plse. all suggestions are welcomed on what I should do next. :? If he has matured, he's my first.
Thanks,
Fred
So. Texas

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
100% mature. Better get him a woman! In a few weeks he should start producing sperm webs and wandering a lot looking for a female. I think I could use one actually. :D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, he is mature, and quite handsome!!!!! Find him a lady friend and with any luck the hobby will get a lot of little baby GBB's. I know how you feel, my favorite T was my GBB who moulted out male.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yes, mature male.

the males mature very quickly, especially if fed very well. it is not unsusual for them to mature within 18 months or even less, depending on temperature and amount of food.

i've had FOUR gbbs so far, and ALL were males :wall: