Gbb unwell, please help.

Mrchancellor87

Arachnopeon
Hello,

The last few days I've noticed my female GBB ~2.5-3 inch LS isn't quite right.

Her legs look like they're curling underneath her; however, she still moves, she attempts to bite tongs. If a leg is off the ground, it starts twitching randomly.

I've seen other posts where an ICU isn't the best for arid species like GBB. There is a bottle cap water dish in there for her.
Is there anything I can and should be doing apart from separating her and leaving her alone in the dark?

Food wise, she has had a red runner roach recently, which has only eaten some oats and oranges and crickets which have had Cucumber/carrots over the last week.

Here is a video:

Thanks for reading
Mark

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I would place her mouthparts over a shallow water dish and see if she drinks. In a worst case scenario (the spider is in an actual death curl), you could also flip her on her back and place water droplets directly into her mouth. Definitely don't use an ICU. They cause a lot of problems, including encouraging the growth of bacteria. Provide water and see if she improves. I think that's about all you can do in this situation.

Mrchancellor87

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the advice. I've plopped her head over the water dish. It's very strange, it's like she is dehydrated as the legs start to curl under when you lift her up and there is nothing underneath. I'd be surprised though, the water has been available 24/7 and her booty is plump.

From my experience she's a goner but we'll see.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Leg curling underneath is not only due to dehydration. Perfectly healthy animals die curled and are hydrated, infections can cause curling too.

I'll tell you right now. The behavior in that video is similar to what I observed w/my sp Columbia in the beginning, then it worsened over time to looking like something neurological.

From the 47s I observed, I don't think your T is going to survive, but I hope I'm wrong.

Wish I had the time to record my T back then a few months. The most bizarre behavior I've EVER observed.

Mrchancellor87

Arachnopeon
Hey! Thanks for the reply.

I thought I'd update you to let you know it died a few days later. It was strange and very sudden. I must admit, I didn't have high hopes of it surviving.

Rip lil lady