GBB sudden death,no curl,no molt.

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
So i was shocked a couple of minutes ago when i discovered that my around-1cm gbb sling is dead(?) it is unresponsive to anything and isnt moving.

it mightve been dead for a few days now as the only reason i discovered that its dead was that its been in the same position for a few days already and upon closer inspection,i found that it wasnt responding to anything,i could even hold it up while holding one of its legs.

It wasnt stuck in molt or in deathcurl,thats why i thought it was alive all this time.ill try to place it in ICU for 24hrs but i doubt itll do anything.

Question is,do u guys have any idea what mightve happened or whats the cause of such tragedy so that i(and others experiencing the same issue) could avoid it in the future?Its the 3rd GBB sling ive taken care of and the other 2 was able to survive on the identical care and environment i placed it into.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
So i was shocked a couple of minutes ago when i discovered that my around-1cm gbb sling is dead(?) it is unresponsive to anything and isnt moving.

it mightve been dead for a few days now as the only reason i discovered that its dead was that its been in the same position for a few days already and upon closer inspection,i found that it wasnt responding to anything,i could even hold it up while holding one of its legs.

It wasnt stuck in molt or in deathcurl,thats why i thought it was alive all this time.ill try to place it in ICU for 24hrs but i doubt itll do anything.

Question is,do u guys have any idea what mightve happened or whats the cause of such tragedy so that i(and others experiencing the same issue) could avoid it in the future?Its the 3rd GBB sling ive taken care of and the other 2 was able to survive on the identical care and environment i placed it into.
Without more info - last feeding, age, last moult, set-up, it's hard to give a definitive answer, I can only assume, therefor more info is needed.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Was a vent blowing air on it? Was it very close to the space heater?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If all was well set up...sometimes slings just don't make it. :(
But further info would be helpful...

Jason B

Arachnosquire
As stated sometimes slings just don't make it, I've also had a juvie pass away one time with no death curl

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Agreed with others that you could share some setup pix for others to help troubleshoot; but alas, some slings just don't make it even in ideal setups. :(

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking

Strange, could you share a pic of the setup you had it in? They do need a predominantly dry enclosure, but as slings they are more prone to dehydration, did you keep it bone dry?
It's important to moisten a small portion of the sub once in a while (slings), especially if nearing a molt.