GBB slings!!!!

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've got several greenbottle blue slings coming in the next couple of days... went to sam's club today to find some clear deli cups to no avail! if i cant find any in time, what can i use as back up? what is the best environment for c. cyano slings? any advice or stories about raising this species?

kellygirl

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cool! If you don't mind me asking, who did you order from, how much did they each cost, and how much for shipping?

Big Dragonfly

Lost_Tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Kellygirl - If you have a Whole Foods market near you, go there and they can hook you up with some nice clear deli containers from the...uh...deli section.
:rolleyes:
Anyway, the downside is that they close on the inside instead of out, so you have to be careful not to crush your spiderlings. Hope this helps.

-LT

P.S. If you use those containers, the less than...sharp...people ask, "Hey, did you buy those tarantulas from Whole Foods??" It really is quite amusing. ;)

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Try Wal-mart, use the rubbermaid food containers in the various small sizes they stock.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Another cheap alternative is to use those glad disposable glad-ware containers. There the ones sold at like Target, Wal-mart, ect.. normally by the luch baggies.

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
holley

just stow them in your hair like Holley does with her critters...

muhaha?

looseyfur (Holleys friend)
chupa-chupa;P

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Re: holley

Originally posted by looseyfur
just stow them in your hair like Holley does with her critters...

muhaha?

looseyfur (Holleys friend)
chupa-chupa;P

now, there's an idea ;)
KG...seriously (LOL), I use a variety of things. I will usually keep them in the vial they came in, if it allows freedom of movement. I also get those clear spice containers with the white lids, they have about 3-4 different sizes, and are perfect for arboreals.
Let me know if you need a pic of what I am talking about. I even have two A avics in childrens sippy cups that I bought at the Dollar Store ...or was it Goodwill?? Anyway, many things will do, just be creative :)

EDIT...wait we're talking terrestrial LOL...
My GBBs think they are arboreal, they love to climb. You can still use those things, just put more substrate in the bottom. Also, wine corks are GREAT for hiding or climbing places for slings!

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
advice on GBB slings for Kelly Girl

:p Hey Kelly Girl,
In my experience Green Bottle Blues prefer a very dry enviroment - they will die rapidly in too moist of conditions.The slings do need a very light misting though every now and then and they will heavily web an enclosure - they are very easy to take care of though from what I have seen...good luck with your slings....=D

The Evil Spider Hunter

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Go to your local pharmacy and buy some pill vials... they are cheap and make great houses for new spiderlings.