GBB sling stuck in molt?

Cutthroat

Arachnopeon
Hey, so i dont post anything on here but have been browsing for a few years now.

Anyways so my GBB sling was on its back about 9 hours ago, i knew it was in pre molt so wasen't really surprised. However, it has made no progress at all, but is making slow movements with its legs so i was thinking maybe it just laid on its back to soon and the skin will break soon?

I know that i should just leave it and i will, and its way to small to even start thinking about helping it through, especially since its not even started, but was just wondering if it was normal? Last few molts took only a few hours but its been 9 hours at this point with no change.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
What size is the spider in question, it does seem like a long time, an adult would take less time than 9 hours, depending on sp. It would have to be a T. blondi, or other Theraphosa sp. to take that long, hope the wee fella makes it, there's not much you can do to assist, unless he/she is a decent size, even then their so vulnerable at this point.

Cutthroat

Arachnopeon
It's about an inch DLS, and yeah its been 14 hours now and i dont even think its started yet. Yeah im just gunna leave him and see what happens, way too small to intervene unfortunately, and the skins not broken anywhere to even try.