GBB sling rehousing questions

Puddlesngramps

Arachnopeon
My GBB is about 1 7/8 inches. I got it from fear not tarantulas as a complete kit so I’m technically not supposed to remove it from its enclosure it came in until the 20th of April or the 1 month live guarantee gets voided.

anyways, I have a couple questions!

1. Is my GBB better off staying in this enclosure for the last of the 30 days or should I go ahead and just rehouse? I’ll show the current enclosure below (lighter for scale).

2. When I rehouse, what size can I put it in? I have a 8x6x6 tarantula cribs enclosure or a 8x8x8 exo terra with a replaced acrylic lid that I really like but I’m not sure if this is too big?

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
My GBB is about 1 7/8 inches. I got it from fear not tarantulas as a complete kit so I’m technically not supposed to remove it from its enclosure it came in until the 20th of April or the 1 month live guarantee gets voided.

anyways, I have a couple questions!

1. Is my GBB better off staying in this enclosure for the last of the 30 days or should I go ahead and just rehouse? I’ll show the current enclosure below (lighter for scale).

2. When I rehouse, what size can I put it in? I have a 8x6x6 tarantula cribs enclosure or a 8x8x8 exo terra with a replaced acrylic lid that I really like but I’m not sure if this is too big?

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks
For peace of mind you can leave it if you want. But it definitely needs a rehouse as soon as you can.

You will want an enclosure with anchor points for webbing as they are an extreme webbing species.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I have my 3" GBB in an 8" cube and its a good fit. When she was smaller, that would have been too much for her. If you provide her plenty of hiding spots, and things to web too, I think she'd be fine in the 6*6*8

Puddlesngramps

Arachnopeon
I have my 3" GBB in an 8" cube and its a good fit. When she was smaller, that would have been too much for her. If you provide her plenty of hiding spots, and things to web too, I think she'd be fine in the 6*6*8
how long did it take for yours to get to 3"?

Puddlesngramps

Arachnopeon
For peace of mind you can leave it if you want. But it definitely needs a rehouse as soon as you can.

You will want an enclosure with anchor points for webbing as they are an extreme webbing species.
so you think I should just go ahead and do a rehouse? I was considering waiting for its first molt with me but the enclosure just seems so small and it feels like there isn't enough vent holes.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
so you think I should just go ahead and do a rehouse? I was considering waiting for its first molt with me but the enclosure just seems so small and it feels like there isn't enough vent holes.
Maybe give it another week or so just to be sure.

Last edited:

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
how long did it take for yours to get to 3"?
Mine has grown pretty fast, putting on 1/2 inch per molt (every 3ish months). Your time may vary, lol. Seriously though, there are lots of variables to how often they molt and how much they grow. I started mine in a 4.5*4.5*7, but he only webbed about the 4.5” square, until he outgrew it, then I just stepped up to the 8 square. Enclosures that are too big make it harder for them to find prey, so I’d watch to make sure the cricket was eaten. Mine fasts a good month before molting, so if not eaten, get it out of there.
What’s the diameter of the enclosure yours is in now?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It could go up in size, but waiting until the 20th of April isn't going to harm it if you want to keep its guarantee! Its not going to be stressed either way for waiting a bit longer if you want to. That being said you could also go ahead and rehouse it now and it would be just as okay as waiting, does really make to much of a difference at the end of the day.