GBB sling not eating.

Gavin Sons

Arachnopeon
I got a GBB sling 3 weeks ago. It is around an inch in size. When i first got it it are a cricket right away. Then a few days later ate another. Since then it refuses to eat. Could this be premolt? I had it in a 3x3x6 enclosure and felt that was maybe the problem. A week ago i transfered it into a 2x2x2 rubbermaid condiment container. It says 2oz on the side. Dry substrate with a chapstick lid as a water dish. It has been webbing and doing normal tarantula stuff. Any ideas?

Attachments

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
It's nice and plump, I wouldn't worry about it skipping a meal or even several. Might be premoult, just wait and see. Personally at around an inch I feed my slings once a week or once every eight days. Just be patient and don't offer food for another week or so. It could also just be full if it's already eating a lot.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
"Crazy crazy" idea, here...but fat animals tend not to eat, except if they are human generally (exceptions), nothing to worry about.

cold blood

Staff member
As said, fat ts dont need food, even slings...and slings fill up fast, it often doesnt take but a few feedings if the prey is good size.

Gavin Sons

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone, working from home has me paying more attention throughout the day.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They grows very fast and moults frequently, so i guess it is in premoult

mjzheng

Arachnosquire
Yes it's about to molt if it's upside down . Leave it be to let it do it's thing :)

Gavin Sons

Arachnopeon
Yep it was a molt, ran to town to get some dog food and got back he is completly molted.