GBB sling got bit during molt?

Moltenred

Arachnopeon
So I have a instar 5 gbb who molted for me tonight and I went to check on it and a random mealworm came out of nowhere and was trying to eat it! I believe there is a small wound on its abdomen and the mealworm has since been removed, I need to seal the wound but it just molted and I’m not sure what to do because it’s already in such a fragile state.
What do you suggest I do??

Michael Guirov

Arachnopeon
Youll need to upload pictures so others more experienced can see and advise, applying a thick layer of cornstarch to cover the wound area is all i could suggest though.

Always crush the meal worm heads in future though, very lucky to catch him in time!

Hopefully the T pulls through man

Derivative

Arachnosquire
I hate mealworms whenever I buy them I usually do 3 things with them. 1. Give a few to my cats so they can play/kill the mealworms brutally. 2. Give them to my great dane who usually steps on them and eats them off her foot. 3. Bring the mealworms outside with a flamethrower and...….

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Arachnosupporter +
Probably best to do nothing and hope for the best.

Always crush worm heads before feeding. Always.

Moltenred

Arachnopeon
So I got a good look at it this morning. It’s doin fine, alive and walking and all that. Looks like it lost a spinneret unfortunately but I’m sure that it will be fine!

Derivative

Arachnosquire
So I got a good look at it this morning. It’s doin fine, alive and walking and all that. Looks like it lost a spinneret unfortunately but I’m sure that it will be fine!
I hate mealworms they are little *!@#$%^%'s. And its good to hear you T is alive as most T's who are attacked by mealworms during molting die.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
not much you can do OP. I hope your T stays healthy. I will normally retard my worms by smashing most of the head but they will still be writhing enough to attract my vicious cute little teddy bears. I notice healthy worms will writhe more than dehydrated old ones.

Derivative

Arachnosquire
I hate mealworms whenever I buy them I usually do 3 things with them. 1. Give a few to my cats so they can play/kill the mealworms brutally. 2. Give them to my great dane who usually steps on them and eats them off her foot. 3. Bring the mealworms outside with a flamethrower and...….
It was a bad joke I dont really do that. I have no clue how anyone in their right mind thought I was serious.

Last edited: