GBB sling feeding

pizzathehut

Arachnopeon
How often should I feed my GBB sling? I fed it three days ago and was thinking maybe I should again tomorrow maybe?

omni

Arachnobaron
I would at 4 days, but that's me personally. kind of depends if you want a little faster growth and is it always a quick feeding response at that frequency. you can always wait longer

pizzathehut

Arachnopeon
I would at 4 days, but that's me personally. kind of depends if you want a little faster growth and is it always a quick feeding response at that frequency. you can always wait longer
I'm not opposed to a faster growth rate.
As far as a response, you mean by how it attacks the food?

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I dont think theres really any detriment to regular feeding other than that the T may go on a fast for a while. They cannot be overfed and will nearly always take food, but if they arent hungry then they simply wont eat. If it shows no interest in the food provided then remove the prey after a few hours and try again 24 hours later. A well fed T can also go many months without food.

All in all, its up to you how often you want to feed it and as long as its not like once every 3 months etc, most feeding schedules will work

omni

Arachnobaron
I like to avoid refusals if possible bcs pulling uneaten feeders out is kind of a hassle with live lateralis. plus I hate to disturb webbing haha

h55d

Arachnosquire
Some feed them every 2-3 days, some feed them twice a week, your choice.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
For slings of faster growing species like this I feed prey items no larger than the abdomen every 3 days if under 1" or every 5 days if over 1".

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Is there a point at which the sling will stop feeding on pre-killed & will only feed on live prey items?
If i have freshly killed or deceased crickets i hold them by the back legs with tweezers and wiggle it on the silk, never had a T of any size refuse this method of prekilled feeding