Gbb sling feeder trouble

Dylandavismn

Arachnopeon
I have a GBB sling and it has made such thick web that if any feeder bugs get stuck to the web it will pull out everything in the cage (leaves I put up in there). Are there any tips or tricks on how to remove without destroying the spiders home. Like if any meal worm gets caught in the web and I try to pull it out. Literally all the leaves and everything get pulled out. I was thinking possibly get something to hold everything in the cage so I could pull it out like a popsicle stick or something. Any tips can help

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Dont worry about wrecking parts of the web...they have virtually endless amounts and nothing better to do. They will even rip holes themselves to get at prey.

Dylandavismn

Arachnopeon
Dont worry about wrecking parts of the web...they have virtually endless amounts and nothing better to do. They will even rip holes themselves to get at prey.
What about having issues with the plants and other stuff sticking to the web, with my setup the web will pull the leaves out of the sub so I have a big clump of everything in the tank in my tweezer with the mealworm. I am prob gonna try to use another tool to try to keep everything in place.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As the man before me said, ripping out the webb is not a pfoblem, but it is smart to arrange it so that when the lid is open the webb will be intact! That picture of yours, is that the setup? I dont understand the problem here, can you explain more?

Dylandavismn

Arachnopeon
As the man before me said, ripping out the webb is not a pfoblem, but it is smart to arrange it so that when the lid is open the webb will be intact! That picture of yours, is that the setup? I dont understand the problem here, can you explain more?
It is more a issue of when I try to get the feeder out it is stuck to the web to the point that when I try to pull the worm basically everything in the cage comes with it. Like the plants in there don’t stay so they pull out as well. And I was trying to figure out how to get the worm out without pulling everything out of the cage. I have no issue with ripping the web but when I pull on the worm in the web to get it out the leaves come with it. If that makes sense. I am thinking I will need to use another tool to keep those leaves in place while I pull the worm or whatever bug is in there stuck to the web.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, this is common and there is nothing to do but if you have to take it out even if the webb is destroyed, you have to do it

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
It is more a issue of when I try to get the feeder out it is stuck to the web to the point that when I try to pull the worm basically everything in the cage comes with it. Like the plants in there don’t stay so they pull out as well. And I was trying to figure out how to get the worm out without pulling everything out of the cage. I have no issue with ripping the web but when I pull on the worm in the web to get it out the leaves come with it.
I often secure the fake plants to the bottom of the enclosure for my heavy webbers so that if I need to pull on the webbing, the decor doesn't come up with it.

StellatheGBB

Arachnopeon
Dont worry about wrecking parts of the web...they have virtually endless amounts and nothing better to do.
I have a similar concern, and this partially answers it. I was afraid to destroy the webbing at first.
However, I dropped in a dubia nymph carcass yesterday for my sling. She definitely ate, doing so immediately! But today I can't see any remains to remove, which is what I've read to do. The first time I fed her, she barely left anything behind. So does she actually eat the entire thing? I thought spiders just slurped out the innards... This is a super basic concern lol, so thanks in advance. I just want to be sure whether it's fine that I can't find any feeder remains to remove before I do obliterate her nice new web.
Also sorry in advance if I should have created a new thread. I don't mean to hijack a fellow peon's thread, but this seemed a closely related idea.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I have a similar concern, and this partially answers it. I was afraid to destroy the webbing at first.
However, I dropped in a dubia nymph carcass yesterday for my sling. She definitely ate, doing so immediately! But today I can't see any remains to remove, which is what I've read to do. The first time I fed her, she barely left anything behind. So does she actually eat the entire thing? I thought spiders just slurped out the innards... This is a super basic concern lol, so thanks in advance. I just want to be sure whether it's fine that I can't find any feeder remains to remove before I do obliterate her nice new web.
Also sorry in advance if I should have created a new thread. I don't mean to hijack a fellow peon's thread, but this seemed a closely related idea.
With my slings...I can sometimes find the bolus, though most times I cannot find it all. If you find it, remove it. If you can't find it don't worry about it.

My slings are kept in 4”x4”x4” AMAC containers. Most of my GBBs have their webbing securely anchored within the enclosures.

I have one sling that has anchored its webbing to the corkbark and twigs within the container, but only sparsely attached to the sides of the container. The problem is that when ever I'm messing around in the container, I'm pulling up the webbing and damaging the sling's work. The sling seems to enjoy repairing the damage, so I don't really pay it any attention.

StellatheGBB

Arachnopeon
With my slings...I can sometimes find the bolus, though most times I cannot find it all. If you find it, remove it. If you can't find it don't worry about it.
The sling seems to enjoy repairing the damage, so I don't really pay it any attention.
Ok, that's reassuring. Thanks! And I'll have to remember the term "bolus" for future discussions, haha.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a GBB sling and it has made such thick web that if any feeder bugs get stuck to the web it will pull out everything in the cage (leaves I put up in there). Are there any tips or tricks on how to remove without destroying the spiders home. Like if any meal worm gets caught in the web and I try to pull it out. Literally all the leaves and everything get pulled out. I was thinking possibly get something to hold everything in the cage so I could pull it out like a popsicle stick or something. Any tips can help
Not worth it at that size - I’ve destroyed GBB sling homes due to reasons you mentioned.

Won’t matter.