GBB Sling Enclosure Setup

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
Hi all,
I will be finally getting my Green Bottle Blue Tarantula tomorrow. Before housing the T I would like to make sure my setup is alright for the little dude.
The Sling is 1 1/2 inches.
I have the sling setup in a small Kritter Keeper.
I will paste a picture for whoever can review and say if this is ok.
I have not added the water dish yet. I intend to use a bottle cap.
the substrate is about 1.5 inches deep.

P.S I will be also housing a C. Versicolor, I intend to use a Nano Tall, does the ventilation do well for this species? I’ve read that it should be ok but want confirmation.

Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

Ian14

Arachnobaron
There is a lot of height there for the spider to fall and damage itself.
You need a water dish too, your bottle cap will be fine.
The bark you've added, does that provide a hide?
My gbb sling is in a cube enclosure, I'm guessing about 3 x 3 x 3 inches?
Small piece of cork bark with an indentation under it and some plastic plant as anchor points.
This is the only species I have that comes to the water dish when I open the lid and sits drinking.
Beautiful species, and an amazing feeding response.

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
Hi Ian, thanks for the response. I added more substrate there is about 1.5 inches of space from the lid and the substrate. Is that enough in your opinion?
Yes, the cork bark does have an indentation underneath. The tank dimensions for my enclosure is 6 inches length 3.5 inches in width 4.5 inches in height.

do you mind posting a picture of yourtank in this thread so I can have a guide?
Thanks again.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
do you mind posting a picture of yourtank in this thread so I can have a guide?
I will try and remember to add a picture of mine when I get home for you, but it is heavily webbed up.

and that sounds like enough substrate, possibly even more than you need, but won’t harm it. The general rule of thumb for terrestrials is 1.5xDLS diagnol leg span from substrate level to lid.

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
Thank you Smotzer. What do you guys think about the C Versicolor enclosure? The Exoterra Nano Tall.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
P.S I will be also housing a C. Versicolor, I intend to use a Nano Tall, does the ventilation do well for this species?
The ExoTerra design works fine. It's based on European design that works perfectly.

If you are getting a versi that sling to 2" in DLS, that Nano is too big.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
I agree on the Versi enclosure. I have a Pinktoe that I put in one and you can definitely tell, it's a bit stressed. I have to feed it as I think it doesn't like the large space and trying to find food.

As for the GBB enclosure, I'd add some fake plants so that it can have more attachment points. Here's mine in a critter keeper. Works perfectly! 20201114_092216.jpg

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Since it's a GBB, I would go all out when it comes to webbing anchors. Put some small leaved fake foliage, twigs and stuff like that in it. They are phenomenal webbers and you're going to enjoy that more when you offer more decoration.