Gbb setup?

Unknownsjmr

Arachnopeon
I'm planning on getting a gbb (green bottle blue) and it's going to be my first T so I'm wondering what would be the best enclosure some people say semi arboreal some say terrestrial and i also saw a video of someone making a bioactive enclosure but was making it too damp and tropical so i don't know where to start and i would like to hear everyones opinion?

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
Proper enclosure for the size of the GBB with good ventilation.

I personally think that an enclosure with a 1/3 filled with bone drysubstrate with a bunch if anchor points like bamboo sticks or leaves is the best. Have a waterdish to the side that you overfill every now and then.

Just my two cents.

Unknownsjmr

Arachnopeon
Thank you, you've been extremely helpful and i feel more confident about caring for it so once again thank you

cold blood

Staff member
House it terrestrially...avoid tall enclosures like exo terras and keep things dry.

Substrate is your choice, any acceptable sub is fine...peat, coco fiber (or any of its name brands like eco earth or jungle mix) or just plain top soil are all fine options.

Unknownsjmr

Arachnopeon
What enclosure would you recommend something like acrylic or a deep plastic container that's supplies a ample amount of space for a burrow and wide enough to walk around?

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
I suggest you just read through this thread. All answers you need and some inspiration for different setups for different size C. cyaneopubescens specimens:

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Exoterra 8x8x8
Won’t that pose a fall risk? I know they display more arboreal tendencies than other terrestrials but there is still a fall risk...

You’d need to replace/cover the mesh with a perforated acrylic sheet.

Unknownsjmr

Arachnopeon
Won’t that pose a fall risk? I know they display more arboreal tendencies than other terrestrials but there is still a fall risk...

You’d need to replace/cover the mesh with a perforated acrylic sheet.
What would you recommend?

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Mine was about 1.5" when I got her and I put her in an Amac box that was 4x4x5h. There was about 2.5" sub and 2.5" from sub to ceiling. Amac boxes come in a range of sizes. They're cheap and clear and easy to drill holes without damaging it. They sell them at the Container Store and online.

Mine looked like this:

20190704_215819.jpg

When it was about 3" I moved it to this one. It's 8x8x8. There's about 3" sub and 4" sub to ceiling.

20190928_014356.jpg

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
General information thread on setting up for slings of various sizes:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm planning on getting a gbb (green bottle blue) and it's going to be my first T so I'm wondering what would be the best enclosure some people say semi arboreal some say terrestrial and i also saw a video of someone making a bioactive enclosure but was making it too damp and tropical so i don't know where to start and i would like to hear everyones opinion?
They live in XERIC conditions and they are terrestrial by nature. These aren't opinions, these are verified scientific facts.