GBB rehouse...

Benson1990

Arachnoknight
I was thinking of rehousing my GBB into what would be her final enclosure, she molted over a few weeks ago and put on some nice size, the first picture is what she's in currently, it's a standard exo terra fuanarium, the other is basically a large critter keeper that will be her final enclosure...what you think? the new one isn't properly furnished yet but you think it's worth moving her now, or will I get another molt or two in her current enclosure?

Attachments

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If you got the larger one furnished properly then you'd be good to rehouse now (although it could easily stay in the current enclosure for another moult or two until you actually need to rehouse).

Ideally you want to set up the hide in the larger one horizontally against the side like below (I leave a bit of a gap in the corner so that the tarantula can start webbing from either end) and then just bung a bunch of anchor points around it.

Heavy Webber setup 1.jpg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I would say that it doesnt need to actually be rehoused now, it definitely still has room in its current one.

If you do go with the larger one, Gyrm is right it would be better horizontally. Although, I personally do not include true hides in my Chromatoplema cyaneopubescens enclosures, I just include lots of anchor points and in short time it has a web hide. I have found that they dont seem at least for mine, even use a hide if provided one after a short period of time.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was thinking of rehousing my GBB into what would be her final enclosure, she molted over a few weeks ago and put on some nice size, the first picture is what she's in currently, it's a standard exo terra fuanarium, the other is basically a large critter keeper that will be her final enclosure...what you think? the new one isn't properly furnished yet but you think it's worth moving her now, or will I get another molt or two in her current enclosure?
I have an AF, I moved her at similar size. You could go larger for the setup in length and width if you wanted. In fact, I encourage you to do so.

Benson1990

Arachnoknight
okay so I have a couple of options available to me, I have a 35L really useful box, the dimensions for this are 14.5" long x 12.2" wide x 11" high...I also have an 18L really useful box that's 15.5" long x 13" wide x 6.7" high...there are pro's and cons to them both, I like the 18L one as its more compact but with a GBB I'm concerned it may be too low? the 35L is bulkier but offers the extra height.

Any opinions on what you would choose?